Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

The general sentiment among the people who have commented on this thread is one of utter frustration. That is why they are making those comments. No matter how many times you comment and tell everyone how good your Hero7 is, it doesn't fix theirs, they are the people going through the inconvenience of a faulty camera and the process of replacements, shipping waiting etc. I would expect that you'd fully sympathise with everyone instead of trying to antagonise and get up on your high horse now that it looks a legitimate fix has finally come along. I guess you're just frustrated too, been hard work defending a faulty product on here for the last 12 months?  

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I was thinking more about a way to verify the cards using software on my PC for example.
Highlighted
Explorer

CrystalDiskMark is used by a lot of people to test read / write speeds on any storage media. You can try that.
Highlighted
Tourist

thanks i did everything with version 7 and it still bug after following your topic i saw that version 1.8 was available. I just updated, I'll keep you updated.
update 1.8

Highlighted
GoPro

Let us know how it goes after you do the update, @meslins346. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Telling us to install the update at this point is almost offensive. We're buying multiple $400 cameras, and coming to the forums for help because it's defective, and being lied to. 

I'm on my third now hero 7 black now. I sent the first one back for repair, the one I got back has the same problem. While waiting for the replacement to come in the mail, I bought another one full price. Wouldn't you know it, that one has the same problem! I'm a mountain biker. I have been using gopros for many years without a problem. I was excited to see how good hypersmooth was, but clearly gopros engineers didn't create good enough heat dissapation. The hero 7 black records videos just fine with hypersmooth turned off. When hypersmooth is enabled, the area near the lower left hand corner of the lens, when looking at the front, gets too hot and overhets in a matter of a few minutes. I am sure there is an image processor right underneither there. I'm planning to take one of my hero 7 blacks apart and cutting away frame to add a heatsync to the chip that is overheating. It won't be waterproof anymore though...

Highlighted
Explorer

The update just came out. Of course it's something that should be done. Sorry to hear about your issues, but don't rule out the update before cutting into your camera (the heat sink is in the front of the camera).
Highlighted
Tourist

You're saying they fixed the problem, yet forgot to mention it in the patch notes?