Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Thinking about contacting the press about this. I don't like being, feeling ignore. This is a defect and there is nothing they are telling us about the issue other than they can't recreate it
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

"contact the press" -- what press would get the national/worldwide attention the problem deserves?

I know what we all want to hear is "we have come to be aware that a batch of our cameras had a problem in production.  If you have cameras with serial # NNN-NNNNN, please contact GoPro for a free replacement."

and instead, what most people hear is -- "manually install the same firmware that's already on it.  try different memory cards."

So -- what's your news story headline going to read?

Highlighted
Tourist

May ask if you tried disabling auto low light setting? It's never frozen for me since changing that.

I know not ideal but others have also had success this way.
Highlighted
Hiker

I was able to confirm that while using a ReFuel 9Hours when I have LOW LIGHT OFF. with the battery in. I did not experience those issues. So. I think its becoming a bit clearer that lowlight has something to do with it. I will update when I try with a powerbank and see the low light off will work with that way as well.

Highlighted
Hiker

Iunno, raise awareness. I just feel like this will be swept under the rug
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

In my last test with the replacement GoPro, where it failed my test -- it was plugged in, battery installed, ProTune on, LOW LIGHT OFF, set to 1080 60fps, Linear.  I was not connected via WiFi at the time that the camera stopped recording by itself, and powered down.

Note -- my problems aren't glitched images or frozen controls -- it's that the device stops recording arbitrarily, and sometimes shuts off.

Something I *did* notice during my last 3 tests were that when I connected with my Android App and stopped recording (the times that it didn't stop by itself), sometimes the battery indicator was white with a lightning bolt, sometimes just white, sometimes clear with lightning bolt.   

This makes me wonder if with battery installed and plugged in, the camera is having difficulty with power management, leading to problems down the line?  Or maybe it's just indicative of the fact that it trickle charges.. lets it run down a few % then charges back up in this configuration (so the icon will vary based on when I'm looking and where it's at)

Highlighted
Tourist

All you people are completely missing the point!
You should not be spending all this Rhine. And effort conducting tests!

Suckers
Troubleshooting and not even getting paid!
What a freaking joke both you users and this company.

Iyou pay your money, it should work as advertised or get a refund and move on!
Not this bull**bleep**!
I feel sorry for you people!
I never invested the kind of time in mine.
It’s collecting dust in a drawer somewhere.

My mistake for buying
Buyer beware.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes, on a phone
Highlighted
Explorer

@quickpike88422 

Yet plenty of time coming to this site and commenting.

There is a forum for just about every camera and piece of tech.  Finding solutions to overcoming issues is not new or unique to GoPro.  You are free to participate or not, but coming to this site just to insult those who are working to find solutions and share them with others is out of line.