Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Haha!
Quit bothering GoPro
There is not going to be any fix.
Ok, even though you’ve insulted me time and time again, I’m still going to try to help you.

Wait till thehero 8 comes out and buy it.
Then when that starts freezing and you cannot get it fixed, you can wait for the hero 9
Or you can give up and buy a action cam from a company that actually cares about their products and more importantly, their customers.

Other than that, keep poking people on this forum,
And stick to annoying your friends and yourself.

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes

[ Edited ]

@quickpike88422 You are not incorrect. Would you initiate it?   

I believe you would have a tremendous amount of supporters.

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Except for the hundreds of thousands of people thoroughly enjoying the HERO7 Black and the thousands of positive reviews, the relatively FEW complaints, the significant cost, and the very low possible return to those joining the class action, you just might be successful with a class action... LOL.

Just spent another wonderful day capturing great video with my HERO7 Black. Awesome camera. Sorry to hear your experience hasn't been the same.
Highlighted
Hiker

@timmarshgopro You suggest jumping ship and looking at the DJI Action as a viable alternative -- but when I look at reviews on that camera, general consensus is "just came out -- buggie -- not ready for prime time yet"  Doesn't sound like a better solution.. just a different one.

And yeah -- I'm in the same boat as everyone here -- really disappointed with the problem, and lack of public commentary that admits there is a problem, or proactive nature of the company to address this.  Also really disappointed with support -- the generic replies (memory card, manual install of update) and broken promises when people say they'll get back to you.

The recommendation on this "support hub" to "contact support" really is a lesson in frustration -- anyone who's been down the support path understands -- eventually if you're lucky you'll get issued a replacement camera that will work for you, just don't expect it to arrive quickly.  

I'm currently dealing with a request for a refund/return under their "30-day money back no questions asked guarantee" -- that isn't being responded to. 

Highlighted
Hiker

@danielr15 Except for the hundreds of thousands of people thoroughly enjoying the HERO7 Black and the thousands of positive reviews, the relatively FEW complaints, the significant cost, and the very low possible return to those joining the class action, you just might be successful with a class action... LOL.

Good point about the low returns -- seems the only ones who benefit from class actions are the legal team, although I do believe the end result is that the defendant takes things a bit more seriously.   I don't have sales data to agree or disagree with statistics about # of happy Hero7 Black users vs those with issues -- just reading here though it does seem like there have been some pervasive problems that haven't been adequately addressed.   And from my and others' experiences, support has been less than helpful (and sometimes outright dishonest).

I think the Hero7 looks *awesome* -- AND -- do need a device that's going to be reliable like my Hero 3 4 and 5 have been (I just don't count on the WiFi) -- at least with those cameras, I never worried about them stopping in the middle of a recording!

Highlighted
Hiker

Support have been contacted, regarding my 3rd pair of cameras. It ended like this:
GoPro support (24.6.2019, 14:24:26): With all the information provided, I'll now send this to our experts for further verification and investigation.
GoPro support (24.6.2019, 14:25:40): I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible and once I have new information. You can keep this case number for your reference: 06486597
Me (24.6.2019, 14:26:44): I'll be away on the event with the cameras the next weeks. I'll just have to do as best as I can, with what I've got for now. With other cameras (panasonic) as a back up.
Me (24.6.2019, 14:26:56): bye for now.
GoPro support (24.6.2019, 14:27:56): I understand, but I'll still raise this issue with our team :)
GoPro support (24.6.2019, 14:28:06): For now, is there anything else that I can help you with or answer for you?
Me (24.6.2019, 14:28:25): We can end this chat. Bye.
So off we go on our little trip with faulty hardware.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Sure, put another American company out of business. Have you counted how many camera companies are in the U.S (or Britain).  What will we be left with then?  I just did a 4 day motorcycle ride with 4 GoPros (one  4, 2 X Sixes and a Seven Black).  All worked fine except for the GP7 froze on five of 80 videos.  However, the video from it was the best due to stabilization.  This problem isn't different than every other IT/software issue that plagues every business.  It's a different World, nobody in IT/software cares if their program works all the time.  The software developers have no incentive to make it perfect cause their industry has set the standard - albeit a horrible one.  IT/software developers have the world by the balls. 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

My Hero7 Black froze the very first time I used it, and again the during the next ride.  I use it on a helmet mount on an offroad motorcycle, just hit record and let it run.  I believe it gets hot since it felt very hot each time it was locked up.  The only recourse was to pull the battery since pressing and holding power did nothing.

I tried to get it to lock up in my house but it ran nonstop until the battery died, of course this was inside an air conditioned house.

I no longer trust that it will record if it's warm outside.

Note that I also have another MAJOR issue with the camera.  If I start recording by pressing the button on the camera, then stop recording and turn the camera off the battery dies within a few hours.  It seems that this only happens when I record with the button, not the app, although I would like to do additional tests to verify....

... well, if I was going to keep the camera then I would verify, but sorry GoPro this one is getting returned so you will have to figure out your own software mess.

BTW older 3 and 5 still work fine, too bad the new one is a mess.