Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Explorer

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

They wanted the camera back before giving you your refund? What craziness is this you speak of!
Hiker

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Sadly, none of the "tricks" will fix this...the 3rd replacement.

IMG_20190517_074531.png
Tourist

Buy return I mean my broken camera that didn’t work I wanted a refund for but they said I had to do a replacement first since I had told them how much it was freezing. I asked to return it and was told I needed to do a replacement first. Guess who is outside of their time to get there money back now. Me! Yeah it is craziness
Explorer

That's not how it works, so it's likely details are being left out.
Highlighted
Tourist

I received my Hero 7 Black yesterday, found that it freezes on any Hypersmooth setting within 1-2 seconds of beginning a recording. It also creates glitchy artefacts on the 4k30 and 1080/120.

Tried every trick from this post, no dice.

Called GoPro, they seem to accept now that if you have a recommended SD and have tried the manual update then there must be an issue with the camera.

Still facing a 2 week RMA process or just returning to the seller I got it from. Disappointed.
Hiker

Return it now before your 30 day return period expires. Take your money and RUN! Otherwise, I promise you will enter GoPro hell.
Hiker

@kbuckgopro are say they refused to give you a refund and insisted on a warranty replacement? That would push you past the 30 day return period. THAT, I suspect is illegal. Folks, call your bank, call your credit card company, call the consumer protection agency, call your states attorney general.
GoPro

Hello @kbuckgopro. Sorry to hear about the trouble with your camera. We checked with Support and we see that you contacted them past the 30-day money back guarantee period and went through the warranty replacement process. If you are still having issues with the replacement camera, it would be best to continue working with Support. There is a workflow that they follow to make sure that the issue is resolved completely, specially for persistent issues. 

@timmarshgopro - There is a process that we follow regarding granting refund requests. Should you have further concerns, please continue working with Support, specially that you already had multiple camera replacements. We have also tagged the team handling the case to work closely with you regarding the cases. Best regards!