Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

[ New ]

Unfortunenatly i became also a member of the Hero7Black freezing family.

Specs: GoPro Hero 7 Black

Firmware: 0.170

SD Card: SANDISK 64GB MICROSD EXTREME PRO U3 A2 170MB/S

Problem: 

Freeze after standby in any resolution at any fps - mostly used 2.7k 50fps 

Solution tried:

1. reset camera

2. manual update

3. format SD card

4. tried other SD card same specs (brand new)

Result: nothing still freezing.

In my opinion the freezing didn't occur when i bought it but after update of firmware 1.61 or 1.70 

So while Nick is telling on Mashable Youtube that GoPro is back on focus with their product line and her users/customers 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzsxxlorkck

I think Nick has still a job to be done specially for those who made their cry of help with their GoPro Hero7 Black - Freezing issues in concluding myself :).

Don't get this wrong - i still think is the best out there and i believe in the brand but this issue has to be addressed and taken seriously.

So Nick do your thing !

For GoPro, things are looking up.After a tumultuous couple of years - which saw the action-camera company enter and then leave the drone business, get squeez...
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

[ New ]
Please would you try turning off Auto low light setting. This works for me, never freezes.

Please report back.
Tourist

[ New ]
Same here. Approved SD-Card and several manual updates didn’t help with the screen freezing issues.

Turned off the low-light setting and now it works like a charm. Hopefully this gets fixed with a new update. It’s really a shame for a 400€ camera from the self-proclaimed market leader....
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone. Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear that you are still having freezing issues with your HERO7 camera despite performing recommended troubleshooting steps.

The next path forward would be to engage our Support team so a case can be established for the concern. When you contact Support, prepare your camera information as well as sample videos showing the issue (if there is any) and specifics on the troubleshooting steps you did. You may also provide this thread for reference. Our Support team may be reached by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Best reagards!

Tourist

[ New ]
Seriously?
You want me to provide samples of my video freezing?
How can that be proven from a video that it’s frozen, and that it’s a go pro problem and not me stopping it with my app?

Idiots
Same old crap
They remind me of General Motors warranty service!
“Not our fault, cant find nothing wrong with your car !”
Hiker

[ New ]
I did this. A real pain. Used a standalone camera filming my phone and GoPro. See my earlier posts. I REALLY don't understand why users must jump through hoops to prove a well known issue. And since my latest replacement appears to be working my bet is this is a serious hardware failure and shows a serious flaw in production QA.
Hiker

[ New ]

I think we all agree this is massively disappointing - yes, it'll work if you off turn a bunch of things and try several SD cards / re-installations - which really makes me doubt their updater technology.

I'm hoping for another firmware update to address whatever the low light issue is, whatever the oritentation/freezing issue is, and I hope they do it soon, as I understand a drone manufacturer just released a rival product. Honestly though, I don't think we'll see a 1.8 or above, and they'll pin hopes on the 8 series.Kind of sad.

(I'm still trying to get my 7 black replaced).

Hiker

[ New ]