Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

I've had no over heating issues.

Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Today I was shooting some video in and around The Lost City in Sun City, South Africa. Though I didn't experience any freezing, at least 4 times during filming, I got a sd card error message and it said only reformatting the card will fix it. The first time, I reformatted, thereby loosing all my footage, but the next time I pulled the battery instead. When I restarted the camera, I got a message saying that it was repairing the file. Luckily I didn't loose anything this time. The last time, I simply turned the camera off, back on, got the repairing message, and it continued to work fine. By the way, I'm using a 126GB Lexar Professional 1000x card. All said and done, when I got back to my room and downloaded the footage to my computer, it was awesome. Great stabilzation, resolution and overall image quality.

Tourist

So for those people who say their cameras aren't freezing are you referring to when you download videos or just general operation?
Hiker

General operation
Explorer

@cajunjosh 

Your issue of Windows Explorer freezing during import most likely has to do with your computer and the MTP protocol used.  The camera itself wouldn't be causing this.  Be sure to use the supplied GoPro USB-C cable and perhaps reach out to the GoPro Support Team via chat so they can help you diagnose the issue.

Before contacting GoPro, try connecting the camera and put it into USB mode and then follow the links below.

Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Update drivers in Windows 10

Tourist

So to bad for go pro
I’m at a meeting in Montreal at our charters head office
They are doing a saftey training video
And wanted to purchase and use the GoPro.

Since I’m the video production consultant,
I recommended strongly against having GoPro involved with this project.

I layed out all the problems with the camera based on my experience over the last year.

Along with other limitations, it is not up to the task.

Subsequently, we are going in a different direction.

Thats tough and to bad for you GoPro, you really blew it!
Very poor quality control, bad software, terrible support.

I can see this company disappearing in 5 years.

But I don’t have to ruin my reputation by using it.
It’s just a fun camera to try to screw around with now.
Not worth the 600 bucks they charge in Canada .

Bye bye GoPro

Highlighted
Hiker

I received the 3rd replacement in 3 months, all due to freezing. I think I am happy to report I finaly got a good one. It worked perfectly today on a 2 hour MTB ride recording 20 clips with no freezing.

KEEP SENDING THEM BACK FOR WARRANTY REPLACEMENT UNTIL YOU GET ONE THAT WORKS!

Tourist

Any lock with the Lexar profesional SD card not freezing up and/or overheating and shutting down?