Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

I've had low light disabled since day 1, camera still freezes regularly.

Also if this was only related to overheating it wouldn't happen when diving which is the ideal situation for temperature management - your camera is literally water cooled with the largest heat sink in the world.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

[ Edited ]

I’m gonna tell y’all something and you have to listen.
As I originally elaborated to and now will state it outright, this has nothing to do with a setting
Or which mode you operate in.

The camera is flawed!
Period!
I use time-lapse
I use night lapse
1 shot every 2 seconds
1 shot every 10 seconds
I use video 4K
I use video 1080p
I use 30 FPS
I use 60 FPS
Low light on
Low light off
Reformat cars
Delete files
Pull battery
Power plugged in
Power not plugged in
Activate by app
Activate camera only
Wifi on
Wifi off
Low light on
Low light off
Etc ., etc., the list goes on and on.

The camera is freezing
The camera looses its wifi
The camera randomly stops taking pictures
But does not freeze on occasion

It does not matter what you are doing with it, where you are doing it
Or how you are doing it.
It does not matter how many cards you try,
How many cards you buy.
It does not matter if you use go pro batteries or third party
It doesn’t matter whether you pull batteries, or manually shut camera down.
Hell it doesn’t even matter whether you
Talk to it nicely, get mad as hell or have sex with an earlier version!

The bottom line is that there is something seriously wrong with this pos!
The bottom line is that we’ve been had, and they (GoPro) keep telling you your doing something wrong, gives you a lollipop and sends you on your way home to screw around with this again, pull your hair out, Miss all the shots that you bought it for,... only to be told to try something else , be given a new camera , only to again distracted again by a teddy bear and another suggestion that you “try” tjis.

COMPENSATION, BAD PRESS
is all they understand.
They could care less about fixing any problems or helping us!
We are all chumps !

Go on their face book page , other social media and start spreading the word!
Complain , complain , complain!!!!!!

Highlighted
Sightseer

I purchased this camera at Costco in February and was excited to film 4k/60FPS and using the Hypersmooth.  On my first time using the camera using the latest firmware,  I started having freezing issues and would need to remove the battery sometimes to reset.  The second time I used the camera the same thing happened.  I changed my settings for video to 4K/30FPS and the problem went away.  I am not sure if this issue is related to the 4K/60FPS setting due to increased resolution of the camera.  I love the HDR photos and how smooth the stabilization is so not sure if a firmware can be created to resolve the locking issue.  I will need to make a decision before my 90day warranty expires if I want to keep this camera or not.

Highlighted
Tourist

Here’s a simple answer to your question....
YES, return it for your money as this camera is nowhere near ready for prime time of the 400 bucks or so they ask for it!!!
Highlighted
Explorer

@quickpike88422
Thanks for telling us all what OUR experience with the camera is and how WE should behave.
Highlighted
Tourist

Just giving my opinion
Own three of these , doferent versions.
This hero 7 is nowhere near as stable as the older two I have.
If you read my earlier posts, you’ll know why.

This camera Hero7
Is not fit for sale

Sorry
My honest belief
Highlighted
Tourist

I guess GoPro doesn't care about all of their unhappy customers, their silence on this matter is deafaning.

Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro, oh GoPro, do you even care? GoPro, oh GoPro, your products cause dispare. GoPro, oh GoPro, I've given you my last dollar, GoPro oh GoPro, do you here my hollers?