Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

The saddest part is that they will probably release a Hero 8 in a while without all these problems we tested and they will expect us to pay again. We are not testers, Gopro. And if we are, we should get paid.

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Don't expect a Gopro 8 with that issue fixed. I read somewhere the Hero 6 had a similar problem.
Hiker

Looks like we have some great energy in the room... anyone with contacts to Engadget, Verge or any other major outlets share this thread with them? GoPro will never admit publicly there's an issue with the camera since that would hurt future sales, apparently they don't really care about the cameras already sold since this entire thread is just users getting frustrated and no meaningful response from GoPro..

GoPro.. my camera once again recorded several bad files this weekend - starts recording, then video stops, audio continues. Exact same thing happened with my 6. Should I open a case? Will you send me a different camera that does the same exact thing?

Hiker

Today my seatpost mont on my bike broke. Tried to search for my camera visually, later with the smart remote and at last with the gopro app on the phone in search mode. Guess what. No luck, the camera is problably in a ditch in mode: Frozen.
Stay away from the Joby seat post /handlebar mount (could not find the model on their homepage), it only lasted ca. 20 hours.

I'm in contact with support, who suggested to manually update the firmware. That did not help (on the camera I had left).
So I'm not going to replace my lost camera before the other is working. Maybe I'll try something not GoPro.
But, it is not easy to find someone who can deliver the stable image and picture quality....

Tourist

I expect GoPro to do something about this issue. The fact that I am over $500 into my GoPro Hero 7 setup and it does not work as advertised and there is no solution on the horizon is completely unacceptable to me. I am sure there are hundreds, if not thousands of others with the exact same experience. If I use the camera as 1080P / 60 FPS with Video Stabilization it works fine.. Battery life stinks, but it works OK... If I go to a higher frame rate the battery life degrades further and digital artifacts appear in the videos... If I try to go to 4K and use Video Stabilization it instantly freezes. There is no way to use this camera with all of it's features turned on. I would LIKE to use it as the 4K camera with Video Stabilization that I PAID FOR. I did not get what I PAID FOR... I have done all of the troubleshooting steps recommended by GoPro, manual update, different memory cards, etc. etc. etc. and I always get the same result. GoPro this is completely unacceptable, the people that paid a lot of money for the Hero 7 Black want these issues resolved.. I am going to Hawaii in May, something tells me I will be purchasing a different camera to take with me on this trip.... 

Tourist

Good lord you've got to be kidding- I take my brand new GoPro 7 with full diving accessories to Little Cayman, and the darn thing freezes underwater CONSTANTLY. I've wasted the entire trip fiddling with this camera to try and fix it...change SD cards (all supported), change settings, EVERYTHING. And why did I upgrade to the 7? Because my trip a few years ago with the GoPro 3 with full underwater accessories CONSTANTLY failed to write to any SD card. Likely a different firmware issue, but CRAP I'm so done with GoPro bugs. The camera hardware isn't even that good! Can't you people write firmware to the camera simply works? You advertise as an action camera so it's pretty darn important you WORK EVERY TIME.

So I look online today to see if I'm the only one...and here is this thread.

GoPro is it any wonder why your company is hurting?

Tourist

[ Edited ]

The hero three was the only GoPro camera I ever owned that worked properly
I have a 3 broken(age)
Hero 5 black , worked great until I updated firmware
Hero 7 black, has never worked properly
As I have up graded cameras, bought new cards, reformatted, reinstalled and manually updated firmware!
The product does not work as advertised
All I mostly do is time lapse And it froggin freezes

All the bells and whistles are turned off
Which really defeTs the purpose of spending the money for the advertised camerA.
You noticed I say “advertised “ because what I received and what the company advertises , I have found , are two totally different things.

Hiker

[ Edited ]

As I wrote in an earlier post, I am back to using my Hero 4 now. But this morning I tried to switch on my Hero 7 just for fun - and it was dead again. I guess Gopro is into developing the next model now - since there are now new firmware versions I guess it's kind of abandoned. But let's see and hope for the best.