Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

I feel your pain, as you say if a fifty bucks camera can behave as it should and do what you want it do i.e. take photos and shoot video then why can’t a camera that costs 13 times that perform the same way? I honestly can’t believe that there are still folk having to put up with this nonsense, it beggars belief that a company of GoPro’s stature and market share would happily let their name be tarnished by this embarrassment, to tell people to go to a forum for a possible resolution speaks volumes to me; a classic case of “We have your money, we don’t care”.
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

And just imagine doing a once in a lifetime thing like a bungee jump and that crappy camera doesn't work.

I stored my Hero 4 in a drawer. Last time I used it was a few moths ago. And the battery wasn't empty yet! I'm back to my Hero 4 now. I'm just mad that I can't sell my Hero 7 in good conscience because it would annoy the heck of its new owner.

Highlighted
Hiker

This thread should be posted on every platform where the Hero7 Black is promoted and every GoPro influencer and marketer tagged in it, maybe that is the only thing that would get this company to pull its finger out. There is NOTHING more frustrating than feeling that you are just being ignored.
Highlighted
Hiker

Just got a hero 7 black as an upgrade from my 5. Also having similar freeszing issues but unable to pinpoint it. Usually its after taking a video, so assumed its the memory card, going to get another one and try it out and see what happens.
Highlighted
Hiker

Don't bother to try another one. I tried it already. Just as bad.

The first one came with a bundled memory card from sandisk, Packed by GoPro.
Freezes up as easy as the other one.
SanDisk Extreme 32GB HC I

V30 U3 A1

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

@andrewg41218 wrote:
Just got a hero 7 black as an upgrade from my 5. Also having similar freeszing issues but unable to pinpoint it. Usually its after taking a video, so assumed its the memory card, going to get another one and try it out and see what happens.

Try changing LOW LIGHT to OFF and see what happens. Please give me feedback. Thanks.

Highlighted
Tourist

Changing the LOW LIGHT to off doesnt fix the problem. Still getting freezes and mine will freeeze 90% of the time it switches from landscrape to portrait. Shut that off too still no luck. New sd cards, batteries, all from go pro. GO PRO......THIS CAMERA IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Tourist

I agree. This camera is a headache. Its fun to pull the battery after every video. Or find out it froze up half way down the mountain. Just got off the phone with their support and its like this thread doesn't even exists to them. I have a bad feeling all us that bought the 7 are stuck with this trail-beta camera they released.