Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

I have almost the same problem all my videos or live streaming on facebook keep freezing every 5 or 10 seconds any solution for this ?
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Hi @djfrecuenciainfinita,

It might be due to connection. 

Make sure that you have stable connection and you're using a recommended SD card. 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations

Please also try to stream without SD card. 

But if issue persist please reset the camera to factory settings and install the latest firmware update available.

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/software-update-instructions-for-hero7-cameras

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks I will try that !
Highlighted
GoPro

Please let us know @djfrecuenciainfinita,

I hope that it would be all sorted out. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Hiker

In the past, smartphones had the same problem, then they began to embed emmc memory inside and everything was fine.

GoPro vnext is bigger sensor with emmc ?

Highlighted
Tourist

Still the same no different
Highlighted
Tourist

Same problem here, although I will not say constant. It is random. Last week I purchased 2 Hero7 Blacks new from BestBuy and they both have the same issues. Intermittent freeze with a solid red light and a blank screen. I also get the "WiFi NOT READY" warning and have to reset both cameras to get the wifi adapter to work. I use them connected to a charger for long shoots. 8 hours plus. I use the approved SanDisk Extreme 128gb cards in both with only GoPro branded batteries and cables. My firmware was succesfully updated to 1.7 but still same problems on both cameras. My latest test is going to be to turn off the cameras display to see if they may have been getting too hot from the displays being on 100%. The environment I have been shooting in is 70 degrees fahrenheit. I can't imagine somebody designing a camera that overheats itself. 

GPTempDownload.JPG
Highlighted
Tourist

My brand new GoPro Hero 7 Black is freezing as well.... All I can say is that people have been reporting this problem for four months. GoPro's answer has been to manually install new firmware on the camera, format the SD Card in the camera, check to make sure the SD Card meets the specifications, yadda yadda yadda... Well... I have done ALL OF THAT! This camera is BRAND NEW... And I honestly do not think much of it and certainly think less of GoPro as a company selling a $400 device that doesn't work as advertised and IGNORES the complaints from it's customers.

I have spent a LOT of time troubleshooting this issue and it all comes down to the video stabilization setting. If you turn video stabilization off the camera works fine in every resolution. If you set the aspect ratio to 4:3, Resolution to 960 and frame rate to 120 Video Stabilization will work and the camera doesn't freeze... 

GOPRO, FIX THIS **bleep** PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't give your CUSTOMERS who spend good money on your products LAME EXCUSES and "fixes" that don't solve the problem.