Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

There's no one here trying to mislead anyone. When it was reported to turn off Auto Low Light, I did so and it solved my freezing issues.

Here's a test - set your camera to 1080p and 120fps, report back if you're still getting freezes. If you are, you may actually have an incompatible memory card??

Again, for me (I'm using a SanDisk Ultra 256G 100Mbit card), my freezing stopped after keeping Low Light turned off.
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

Guys, the issue is primarily with the software, it's just not upto GoPro standards and they are giving us sub-par products these days.

Still waiting for that software update that resolves freezing and black screen when connected to phone via WiFI.

Highlighted
Tourist

Absolutely agreee!  Turning off the low light is a hack at best and frankly I shoot a lot indoors, so any help I can get w/low light is desired!

...And wow, didn't know about (or experience yet) freezing when connected to fone w/wifi - or maybe I did (the connections are hella iffy to begin with) and didn't realize it.

Highlighted
Hiker

got that same problem,gp7 freeze all the time and the baterry just drop in less than 1 day sometimes so i CAN'T use an expensive gopro and have to use my hero 4 ,GIVE US an firmware update soon

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @supermesa1470,

Sorry to know that. 

May I know if you already tried recommended steps such as updating the firmware and changing some settings?

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/software-update-instructions-for-hero7-cameras

If you already did please contact our customer support team via phone or chat. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay

Highlighted
Hiker

You guys really need to get your !@$% together.. I have multiple cameras, drones, etc and I never had any other device randomly stop recording, freeze etc.. Never. Ever. Yet.. somehow every GoPro I ever owned does the same exact thing and the only response you ever get is the canned "reset, upgrade, use approved SDs", nobody ever seems to acknoledge the issue, let alone do anything about it...

I know you're not the one to blame but you must have a way of letting the people up the foodchain know that this is something that affects a decent portion of your customers.

Highlighted
Explorer

@willbelljr
Auto low light just reduces the camera frame rate to 30fps. If you are shooting a lot in low light, you should be using 24fps or 30fps (24fps is better) which disables auto low light anyway.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

I think they are waiting until someone writes an article about it on any respected resource. Then shareholders will sing in a different way.

Today, as always, i catch freeze. Screen is freezed and on the each logical rectangle on screen i see bright faded pixels. After remove battery camera works ok