Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

I have same issue with my new GoPro Hero 7 - constantly freezes and every time i have to remove battery for reset. Who know when GoPro will release new software and fix that issue ? Now i have newest 1.70 I see here that there is a lot of people with this problem so it is big fail fo GoPro :((((
GOPRO YOU HAVE TO FIX THAT ISSUE. SOON AS POSSIBLE !

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi my brand new hero 7 black constantly freezes after first switch on and update,

I bought my Hero 7 black in december 2018 at the airport just before I flew off to Japan. updated the firmware to 1.61 (was 1.61 then) and I had constant freezing issue. I thought could be the cold weather in Japan and multiple times I had to press power button and force shutdown which caused me to miss out on so much filming opportunities.

Throughout my 3 weeks in Japan I kept checking for new firmware update without fail every night and nothing new. I had to endure the constant freezing issue or had to keep my recording on for those "just in case moments"

Long story short, through out the 3 weeks I stumbled upon a temporary solution. My GoPro frozed in video idle mode, I press the power button once or twice to switch into photo or time lapse mode, after a few seconds it unfreeze itself as it refreshes for that particular mode. All was well until it froze again when it is not recording.

Like I said it was a temporary solution, sometimes performing that trick one too many times and completely froze, so I had to remove the battery and get it restarted.

Now I am back in the tropics of Singapore and it still freeze. After updated to latest 1.7 it still has the same problem but the trick works. Hope it helps for some of you facing this problem!

My settings
1080 60 frames

Linear mode

protune turned off

landscape lock: up

I am using Samsung Evo Plus 256GB UHS-I

Highlighted
Hiker

It was early October last year when I first brought this up, that there are still people having to endure this nonsense beggars belief, the flagship camera of this range and it is not doing what it says on the box EVERY SINGLE TIME WITHOUT PROBLEMS is a joke, GoPro, your brand is suffering and I cannot fathom how comfortable you appear to be with this.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Same problem here (last firmware)

I lost to record important moments.

Very Bad GoPro!!!

Highlighted
Tourist

I just baught my GP7 black this sayurday. And I have the same issues Freeeeze all the time. Idont know what to do ... return and stop or wait for a new version of firmware ...

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @peterm8643,

Sorry to know that.

I would suggest to try to follow recommended Steps like updating the camera manually.

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/software-update-instructions-for-hero7-cameras

If issue persist please contact our customer support team:https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Hiker

THAT's exactly what it's frustrating.
It's like you're not even listening to us. You're treating it as it is an isolated problem with a few devices. It's a common problem with the firmware, so you should fix it, no just try to replace if for a refurbished unit that will have again the same problem, just to wait the consumer to get tired and stop trying.

I contacted Gopro support and told them about all these problems. And even though they were receptive and told me they would communicate these problems with the team, they told me to use the warranty to change it for a different one.

THAT's not the problem guys. The problem is that you're firmware is broken. FIX IT, and listen to the consumers. Not having your consumers happy is a way to go bankrupt.

Highlighted
Hiker

I'm not even sure if it's a software or hardware problem. But what I can say is that it keeps happening with a replacement camera with different batteries, firmware versions and sd cards. Something has to be done here.