Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, I use the Hero7 Black and want to record my motorbike rides

Any help as to what settings I should use to enable a continuous recording as at the moment it only records in 4gb sections, plus all the recordings so far drop frames and are jerky even using the hypersmooth setting.

Current settings are:

2.7k/30

FOV = linear

Stabilization = auto

Protune = on

Shutter = auto

EV = -0.5

White Bal = Native

ISO min = 100

ISO max = 400

Sharpness = medium

Color = GoPro

RAW = off

Mics = auto

i use a Sandisk 128gb card

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hi, I use the Hero7 Black and want to record my motorbike rides

Hello @spiryjump21638

You might be observing what is called chaptering. This is a process that is automatically done in the camera where a huge single recording is divided into segments called chapters when a certain file size is reached. There is more information about it here

You may explore programs that can be used to view and edit your videos into one. There is a list of those programs at https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/Programs-to-View-and-Edit-Videos . 

The recommended settings per activity in this article will help you get the best shot with your HERO7 Black camera. Hope this helps!

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi, I use the Hero7 Black and want to record my motorbike rides

Thank you Marius for coming back to me - much appreciated. I understand now about chapters - it all makes sense. I will refer to the recommended settings and update my GoPro accordingly.

Best wishes, and thanks again.

Peter