Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero9 thicker fingers?

[ New ]

Hello everyone,

I've just received my Hero9 which replaced my Hero 8 and I've jusut noticed, that the fingers on the camera are a bit thicker. Has anyone the same issue?

I can clearly see it when inserting into Shorty, that it's very hard to put it in and it's spreading base fingers more apart then it should... is this by design and I shouldn't worry it will crack or has GoPro decided all accessories should be replaced due to this subtle change? :)

GoPro

Re: Hero9 thicker fingers?

[ New ]

Hi @pitris

Both cameras have the same folding fingers. 

When attaching the camera, it may be a bit tight at first.

The HERO9 Black is compatible with the Shorty.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Unfortunately, I cannot agree with that. While I already do not have the H8 available, I know it fit into Shorty easily even from the beginning. The H9 has to be really forced into the fingers using some serious force.

See the picture attached - it's not easy to take a picture, as the difference is probably within tenths of a milimeter, but it's still visible - in the bottom, the H9 finger is very tightly fit into shorty finger while the top is forced apart with a gap.

Also it slides easily into the 2 included holders, but very tightly in every other accessory I have here (be it original gopro or aftermarket, but Shorty being definitely the worst fit). I definitely would have remembered that if it were the case with the H8 or any other gopro I had in the past...

IMG_20201201_170340.jpg
Nomad

[ New ]

Ive noticed the same thing. I had a H8, and also have a Max. The H9 seems a lot tighter on some mounts. Mostly 3rd party ones though. 

Hiker

[ New ]
concordo anche io l'ho notato