Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero9 the battery won´t charge past 51%

My brand new hero9 has only ones charged the battery to full, right now it has been charging for 4 days and is stile sometimes on 51% and then next time I look it says 48%.

I have asked for a call back support tre days ago, but still haven’t heard from you.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero9 the battery won´t charge past 51%

Hello @stinne. Make sure that you're using the GoPro USB charging cable and recommended chargers.

We see your callback request in our system. Our Support Team tried contacting you to no avail. Please make sure that your network/phone doesn't block unknown calls. One of our Support representatives will try to reach out again as soon as they're available. Thanks for your patience. 

Highlighted
Tourist

the first time I charged was via USB port on a PC it took three days before the battery was at 100%, next time it came only at 51% and the third time it has now been tried to charge for four days and still at 3%. I have used a USB adapter with 1V and one with 1.6V as well as a USB port on several different PCs. Same result. Always only the cable that was with the camera.

Highlighted
Nomad

The reason you battery isn't charging properly is because you are not using a proper charger.  Your PC USB power is far too low and you need to be using a 5V 2A charger to properly charge your batteries.

Highlighted
Tourist

Just received an ordered kit with extra battery and a charger. And the new battery charged to 100% and the battery from the camera is still only at 48% even though it has now been in the charger extra two hours than the new battery.

So no doubt the battery is bad.

Highlighted
Nomad

It's possible, but it's also possible that since it's been charged with the incorrect power supply that the battery is now uncalibrated.  You should discharge the battery until it reads zero (and your camera shuts down) and then try charging it again.  Do this at least 3 times and see if that recalibrates the battery.

Highlighted
Nomad

Try removing the battery and reinserting it.

That has cleared lower battery level at times

Highlighted
Tourist

makes no difference, still 51% on the battery