Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero9 Black video issue

[ New ]

Hi All, 

I am having a serious issue with my New Hero 9 black, Recently, as in the past week or 2 days ago  have been unable to record good clear footage, when walking the footage starts to blur and jump, its as if no stabilisation was on, overall the clarity is rubbish of trees and leaves being very blurry  , this is now a recent thing as before the gopro was running fine and had me in Wow mode becuase of its clarity and stability however it has all changed in the past 3 days, it hasnt taken any knocks or drops etc, the most action its seen is me chasing my youngster around the house to test it and because of the recent issue Ive been doing so much testing of all different settings, which means lots of chasing I am almost fit now :-).

What I have done to try resolve :

I have reset all settings (factory and other), played between settings to try correct it but nothings seems to be working.

Unlikely Possible Bug :

The only thing that changed in the past 3 days was I recieved 2 different mics that I was testing to see if they worked, this involved connecting the 3.5mm adapter and mics to test and thereafter things went pair shaped however I cant believe that this could be a bug or could it be?

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Hero9 Black video issue

[ New ]

It would be helpful if you could post footage of your video to youtube and link it here, that way we could see the issue.

More than likely you are shooting in a dark environment and you have hypersmooth on boost.  Hypersmooth works best in well lit conditions and can result in blurring if you are shooting in low light conditions.  If you have manually set your shutter speed, this can increase the issue as too slow a shutter speed would blur your footage even more.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

Re: Hero9 Black video issue

[ New ]

It would be helpful if you could post footage of your video to youtube and link it here, that way we could see the issue.

More than likely you are shooting in a dark environment and you have hypersmooth on boost.  Hypersmooth works best in well lit conditions and can result in blurring if you are shooting in low light conditions.  If you have manually set your shutter speed, this can increase the issue as too slow a shutter speed would blur your footage even more.