Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero9 Black Batteries show 94% on FULL charge

Mam ten sam problem. Podwójna ładowarka ładuje do 98% Czy w końcu ktoś potrafi zaradzić w tej kwestii?

Highlighted
Hiker

I have same problem using supercharger and dual adapter !!!!!! no solution by gopro

Highlighted
GoPro

@guido64-milano, we've shared the details of this particular issue to the team in charge. We'll post updates once new information is available. We appreciate your patience.

Highlighted
Hiker

I'll be totally honest. I am very disappointed with the new Hero9 and the customer service to date. I ended up returning my entire order (camera and accessories) for a full refund (inc. Subscription that was purchased with camera)... due to batteries not fully charging. Gopro blamed it on my camera settings but it was the exact configuration as my Hero8 (which I had no issues with). They then suggested replacing the camera unit itself... but advised that it would be deducted from my 2 replacement guarantee, which I was not happy about hence the request for a full refund. This is so that I could then place a fresh order and hope the problem doesn't repeat and it was just a one-off fault.

Gopro partially refunded me to my annoyance and still to date have not refunded me for the subscription. I was advised by the agents that this will take time and said I could place a new order for a new hero9 (with subscription) whilst I awaited the refund for the first subscription. I had reservations about this as I would then have paid for 2 subscriptions.

To my horror, i received an email after payment was taken for the second subscription and gopro have now cancelled both subscriptions (not sure why they have cancelled the second one!!!!) and yet to refund my initial subscription. Therefore now robbing me of £99.98 (2x £49.99)

Getting hold of customer services has become even more difficult now that they have cancelled both subscriptions. I will try again on Monday as support is unavailable for non-subscribers on weekends.

If there is no resolve i will have no choice but to dispute this with American express and get my money back another way!

Shame on you Gopro... I hope this gets escalated as a formal complaint. We are in week 4 and still in the same mess!
Highlighted
Hiker

... oh and totally forgot to say. After getting a brand new camera, new batteries and dual charger... the problem of 94% charging STILL exists! What a waste of everyone time and expense!
Highlighted
Backpacker

[ Edited ]

@aenriquez @aragon1006 @sanj23 

to summarize my reproduceable tests:

in dual charger:

- wall normal charger USB --- 95%

- PowerBank 3A port USB-C --- 100%

- today test GoPro Fast charger with Gopro USB-C cable --- 97%

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Mounts-Accessories/Ladegerät-Gopro-Hero-9-lädt-Akkus-nicht-voll/m-p/8...

Highlighted
Tourist

Exactly the same issue with all three batteries, the dual battery charger never charges batteries beyond 94% irrespective of the type of wall adapter in use, Including a 100w PD capable charger, MacBook 65w charger and the list goes on.

Highlighted
Hiker

This is clearly a product fault which needs to fixed or requires some software fix.... don't waste your time. I raised this issue t weeks ago and still haven't heard anything back. One service agent said its because I am shooting in 4K??? What kind of excuse is that? I never had this issue with the Hero8 and that had a smaller battery!