Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero8 streaming to Facebook with Verizon Samsung Note10 Hotspot.

[ New ]

As far as video skipping, streaming eats through data fast.

From what I know, Verizon's unlimited gives 15gb's for mobile hotspotting before throttling.

If you stream 720p @ 30 fps for one hour daily on weekends that’s 3600 seconds x roughly 9 days per month.

The total amount of monthly data usage for a 2,500 kbps stream would be around 10 GB

On top of your usage daily data usage (streamings, GPS, etc) it adds up quick.

Note: most carrriers advertised as Unlimited are not. There is a "secret" cap.

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes I know they are not truly unlimited with the caps. Just wanted to see if the mifi hotspot would work better with the gopro being the only connection to the hotspot and me getting the 30GB plan just for that only so I can get 30gb before it gets throttled down. My son only plays tournaments ever other weekend. Games are about an hour and a half and about 4 to 5 games in one weekend if that.
Tourist

[ New ]
Solved my own problem. It was my data plan on my phone. I had the old Verizon unlimited plan that was $150 with 3 lines. So today I updated my phone plan to the new unlimited $65 plan on my one line and my gopro hero 8 streamed on Facebook like a champ. I was able to stream in the same area with the new plan and before I couldn't with the old plan.