Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero8 screen protector sensitivity

[ New ]

I tried a tempered glass screen protector for the rear LCD touch screen. Fit was good and adhered perfectly.

Finger swipes worked fine but precision press such as when pressing the play  triangle were badly compromised.

This was an Amazon manufacturer and not the original go pro item, so maybe the originals are fine - just a heads up !

Backpacker

Re: Hero8 screen protector sensitivity

[ New ]

hi,

as genuine GoPro screen protector kit is not yet available, I purchased a kit manufactured China by Widjit.

not too much found about them, I suspect it is a "special command" and the site sell.

they make a lot of GoPro accessories.

e.g. the 60m Protective housing is at 2/3 price from a genuine one.

I purchased still the genuine 60m Protective housing

the tempered glasses are not bad at all.

and I do not have the problem with the touch screen, works fine for me.

widjit_2.JPG

widjit_1.JPG

Adventurer

[ New ]

The one I got is thicker, how thick, who knows?   does it stop certain settings, sure, but I had that before the protector.  maybe due to my larger finger and the smaller screen . they can adjust the sensitivity, if asked.  Can it be a Bug, who knows.

Hiker

[ New ]

Ok thanks for that, i may give it another go then.   Maybe my finger was not particularly conductive that day! 

Adventurer

[ New ]

I just polished the car, waht does that have to do wit hteh screen.  well My fingers are dryer now, my pores are closed, so I  am having to take more time to  get a setting to work.  all depends on the temp, the  fingers etc. anything can  prevent it from working is what I am saying

Nomad

[ New ]

I just got 2 sets of the XClear Hydrophobic protectors for the Hero 8.  These were a preorder from about a month or 2 ago and they finally arrived this morning.  Opened the boxes and the lens and screen protectors were loose on the inside, no biggie I thought.  1st lens protector didn't fit at all.  It left raised edges on one side so the glue didn't adhere properly.  This left a visible "Y" distortion visible in the picture.  The lens protector also snapped during the "easy to remove" removal process.  OK, so one bad manufucturing process, I can deal with that, that's why I bought 2 after all.  Opened the 2nd box and the lens protector looked dirty and scratched.  No biggie, since it was loose in the box the plastic protective film obviously took a beating and the protector itself would be fine.   Um... no.  There was NO protective film over the lens protector and the lens protector was just beaten to crap.  So my tip for right now, stay away from the XClear products until they get their act together.  I've submitted a claim to them and I'll follow up with how that goes, but I'll be doing a full review on my youtube channel for this product and boy..... it will not be kind...

Explorer

[ New ]
The GoPro screen protectors fit great on the front lens. It took awhile for the rear LCD protector to get all the bubbles out. Sensitivity can be hit and miss. Definitely not as good as without. Workable, but I'm thinking of removing the LCD protector. Never had one on my HERO5/6/7 and they are fine. Also, I've got GoPro Plus.
Explorer

[ New ]
BTW, GoPro tempered glass protectors do seem to do a good job of preventing finger prints, smudges, and water drops (when surfing).
Backpacker

[ New ]

@danielr15 wrote:
The GoPro screen protectors fit great on the front lens. It took awhile for the rear LCD protector to get all the bubbles out. Sensitivity can be hit and miss. Definitely not as good as without. Workable, but I'm thinking of removing the LCD protector. Never had one on my HERO5/6/7 and they are fine. Also, I've got GoPro Plus.

same here, no sign on my HERO5/6/7 monitor screen

sometimes the exposure control area is hard to set for me... same thoughts to remove it...

the silicon sleeve creates a margin that protects to some extent the monitor screen. more like the h5/6/7 frame

....so we are safe to let's say...

@swp2000 @irishmanpdx @fishycomics @danielr15 

monitor screen is not glass, it is not stiff, it has elasticity,...

is not like you put tempered glass protector on an iPhone Gorilla Glass or on the front lens ...these are stiff surfaces...

for 3 days was almost perfect.... now started to develop a small triangle bubble in the upper right corner.

IMG_1791.jpg

if I press the glass, a larger triangle "bubble" appears...

IMG_1792.jpg

we will see in time.... but if after 3 days already bubbles in the corner...

just me,

robert

Backpacker

[ New ]

I've just removed the monitor temperate glass screen!!!!

• the triangle bubble has grown under my eyes....there will be a lot of dust soon
  • have just drawn my crazy as I had to change some settings.....more miss than hit...

just me,

robert

Tourist

[ New ]
Not mine is original from GoPro and the same thing happens to me