Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero8 not recognizing batteries

Its not even about ignoring the warning, the GoPro acts as if there is "No Batt" while there is clearly a battery in and its drawing power from.

It will not turn on without USB power, but once you get it on, you can remove the usb and it functions but thinks there is no battery in the camera. Im trying to get a hold of customer service. This was a christmas gift and it was purchased 12/2/19 so Im kind of at this need to do something point. Didnt try using it till last night

Highlighted
Tourist

Any suggestions? Right now my best guess would be to somehow redo the 1.5 update as that is where the issue seemed to appear. I did the auto update the first time and it seemed to glitch out mid process and then the app had me do the update a second time and it was toasted from there. Performing the reset from the preferences screen does not reset the 1.5 to the original 

Highlighted
Nomad

If your update "glitched" then it's possible it didn't take properly and that's what's causing your issue.  I would perform a manual update of the software, you can watch this video here for instructions:

BTW the reason I'm telling you to hit the "ignore" message is so that the GoPro will go ahead and use the battery as normal even though it's not detecting it as an official GoPro battery.  Due to the fact you haven't hit the "ignore" message, this could be what's causing the battery icon not to be displayed as it now doesn't recognize the battery as being a proper battery, so it's ignoring any information from the battery as regards battery charge.