Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Hero8 normal standby life ?

With the hero8 off and all things like Wi-Fi,quick capture off, what is the normal battery life ?

It looks like I'm loosing about 3% battery life overnight with everything off,is this normal ? Thanks
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero8 normal standby life ?

Fully charged as I type. unplugged so I should lose how much if I come back tomorrow???

0%  GPS was left on I know that .  and I  wil lreport tomorrow  in the AM. that  say no loss for me.

Highlighted
Hiker

So a quick update, previous morning was 100% overnight after a full charge.

This morning 98% , and it's taken about a 20 minute charge to go back up yo 100% so it's obviously draining intermittently.

Although everything off Wi-Fi eff, i did have quick capture on so will try again without see if it makes any difference.

It's not a massive problem, but it's not ideal if you leave the camera for a few  days and you've drained the battery partially.

Highlighted
Adventurer

100% here, today GPS is on  Maybe I should Livestream it put a charge on it. let sit 10 hours more.

Highlighted
Hiker

Thank you fishycomics for having a look at your battery state.

Standby current really should be in micro Amps and hence last days to weeks at near 100% charge , but I'm not sure what mode is triggering intermittent higher current draw when off.

I did come across a thread with the hero7 that had this problem but more severe discharge when off, so it's not a new issue.