Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero8, keine GPS-Daten

So ... if Quik has not been updated since 2018, is there plans to do so? I just bought my Hero 8 Black after using a Virb Ultra 30 for years. It also has GPS telemetry data, as I'm sure you know, and it works flawlessly. After using my Hero 8 for the first time today, I am questioning my purchase. If the issue is in your own software, why not fix that with an update instead of producing an app to fix it for a price? 

I guess since you folks are the "big dogs" in this industry, I was expecting better.

On another note, after my first use today, I am initially impressed with the video results from my motorcycle ride. I hope a sotution for the telemetry can be put forth without me paying another $49. If that can happen, I'll be happy that I made the brand switch.

Highlighted
Nomad

@cybervet The answer to the first question is that the fix has not been developed by GoPro, but me.

To the second question, you can add gauges with other programs. For example, export the GPS data with the Telemetry Extractor and create your gauges in Virb Edit (which you may already be familiar with).

Highlighted
Tourist

Ich habe auch keine GPS-Daten eingeblendet. Mit dem Telemetry Exractor getestet, Daten sind einwandfrei enthalten.

Aber was nützt mir das jetzt? Ich kaufe doch keine Kamera für 450 Euro und muss dann ein teures Programm zum Lesen nachkaufen, obwohl ich gar nicht weiß, ob es dann auch wirklich funktioniert mit dem Overlay. 

Highlighted
Nomad

You can use the FREE trial version beforehand!
And then buy the Progreamm ...

Highlighted
Nomad

But hier is Free Software:  http://www.dashware.net/dashware-download/

This should not be an excuse for missing GoPro SW, but should be understood as help!
Before here unqualified statements about "you write Buill**bleep**" or similar. come ...

Otherwise: You bought an ACTION CAMERA and no software for reading GPS data etc.!

Highlighted
Adventurer

Many posts, topics of individuals, saying GPS not working... its 3 years later , after gopro tweaks,  the camera and app, and left again desktop go bye bye. they  handed off to a new company. to  work out a newer update. its a few months later, what it feels like.

Legacy Quick.  thinking a new name will make it work, time will tell. 

3rd party sources is not the answer. for a fix, no pun intended.

owning up and fixing it     like yesterday will win most over.

Highlighted
Tourist

Sicher habe ich eine Action Cam gekauft. Eine sehr teuere. Die Beschreibung enthält die GPS-Funktion. Ist eine zugesicherte Eigenschft. NUR DARUM habe ich genau DIESE gekauft. Sonst hätte es auch eine billigere getan.

Highlighted
Tourist

Kostenlose Dashware: Danke für den Link. Leider kann ich mit einer englischen Software nichts anfangen. Ich will damit ARBEITEN und nicht nur Grundfunktionen abrufen. Dafür reicht mein Schulenglisch leider nicht aus.