Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero8 Webcam visual is jumpy, choppy and delayed

[ New ]

I'm having problems trying to use the Hero8 Black as a webcam. I have tried reinstalling the camera update, but to no avail.  If there is any movement in the camera's field of view, for example if i wave my hand at the camera, it cuts out part of my arm, and then after a delay shows my arm jumping back and forth erratically. It's both hilarious and nauseating. The problem is four times worse when I open my Zoom application and start the gopro camera video within Zoom (instead of just looking at the gopro preview).

Any tips or ideas? 

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: Hero8 Webcam visual is jumpy, choppy and delayed

[ New ]

Yes, it's beta software that's in developement.  Wait until the next version to come out where they correct many issues with the webcam software.

Also try removing the battery from the camera and just power it via USB, people have seen results indicating the video is less jumpy.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

[ New ]

Yes, it's beta software that's in developement.  Wait until the next version to come out where they correct many issues with the webcam software.

Also try removing the battery from the camera and just power it via USB, people have seen results indicating the video is less jumpy.

Tourist

[ New ]

Removing the battery helped a lot! Thank you so much for the tip. I would never have thought to try that.