Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero8 Quickstart in Timewarp instead Video after battery change

[ New ]

So this is getting a problem:
I use Quickstart A LOT during my mountain bike runs to start recording Video, and I DON'T WANT Timewarp. 

But after a battery change Quickstart starts automatically in Timewarp mode, even if I press the record button only briefly. This is clearly a BUG, because it's supposed to do Timewarp only if the record button is pressed for more than 3 sec. My workaround: after a battery change start recording, stop, wait, and then start again .... annoying

Another issue: Hypersmooth utterly failed now twice in the middle of a recording og my bike ride, video shaking was even worse than without it. And I have no idea why ... how can I get this more reliable?

Hiker

Re: Hero8 Quickstart in Timewarp instead Video after battery change

[ New ]
Hello. Yes, I noticed that if my camera has been freezed then I had timewarp after resetting. So, I advice you to turn on the camera first after the battery replacement. Just turn it on, then turn off. and the quick capture will work fine since that
Tourist

Re: Hero8 Quickstart in Timewarp instead Video after battery change

[ New ]

Yes, that's exactly my workaround. But it really is a pain to figure this out the hard way (loosing footage) and takes extra valuable time. I need to swap battery "on the fly" while I am biking. This seems to be an easy problem to fix, it would be nice if GoPro is making quality and reliability a Priority!