Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero8 Black cannot be paired with LG

[ New ]

I'm having a problem with connecting Hero8 Black with an application. 

In the first step, when I tried to pair mobile with GoPro applications showed  "we found your GoPro" and I clicked connect. After a few seconds there was an error "your camera Wi-fi band is set to 5.8GHz...." I switched on he camera wi-fi to 2.4Hz but still the same problem appeared.

After a few attempts I used the option "reset connections" and tried to pair the device once more. It did work for a while. I managed to make a connection but when I tried to update the firmare again the same problem with wi-fi connection appeared...

After several attempts I restarted my mobile device. Finally camera and mobile got connected and I was able to update the firmare. I though that finally the connection is set.

My joy didn't last for long, now  each time when I try to use the function "Control your GoPro" or "View Media" another error "connection problem" appers....

GoPro

Re: Hero8 Black cannot be paired with LG

[ New ]

Hi @pawelstrok45,

Sorry to know that. 

Please try this. 

Remove your camera from your phone's paired bluetooth device. 

Reset your camera's wireless settings. 

Remove or unpair your camera from the app. 

Check your phone's Wi-Fi settings. 

Make sure that your Smart Network Switch or the settings that allows your phone to switch or prioritize network with internet connection is turned off.

After that pair your camera again and it should be fine. 

If issue persist please let us know. 

Regards,

-Jay  

Tourist

Re: Hero8 Black cannot be paired with LG

[ New ]

Thank you for replying. I will try using an application such as WIFI Prioritizer because unfrotunately on LG G6 there is no option to disable wifi prioritization and I'll see if that works.