Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero8 Black - Wifi connection often lost, reconnection takes very long.

The connection between the GoPro Hero 8 Black and my Google Pixel 4 (native Android 10) often breaks down and takes a long time to be restored. Sometimes it does not work at all. And this even though the GoPro is right next to the smartphone and both devices are connected to the power supply. When I try to reconnect, I get an error message: "There was a problem connecting to your GoPro."

Same with the last update "HERO8 Black v2.0". This took about 4 attempts until the transfer and installation worked. In between came the error message "The installation was aborted."

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero8 Black - Wifi connection often lost, reconnection takes very long.

Hi @michaelweh

What app version are you using?

Is there another device you can test the connection with?

This will help us isolate the issue further.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm using the newest Android app.
Same issue with Google Pixel 1 and running Android 10.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @michaelweh

Can you please check the app version number? 

Please try to pair with the camera from the mobile device's Wi-Fi manager first, then connect to the camera's Wi-Fi in the GoPro App.

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

The app version is: 6.191 (9441)
Highlighted
GoPro

@michaelweh, I have a few additional troubleshooting suggestions that might help: 

1. Restart your mobile device. 
  2. Once your phone is back on, turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. 
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings. 
  4. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  5. Clear the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section. 
  6. Kill the app and relaunch it. 
  7. On your GoPro camera, turn the Wi-Fi off and on. Then restart the camera. 
  8. Now, put the camera in pairing mode. 
  9. Open the GoPro App on your phone and tap the camera icon. The app will try to connect via Bluetooth and take you through the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions in the app. 
    • Note: Some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out. 
  10. For future reconnections, just make sure that the camera’s Wi-Fi is on and you’ll be all set. 
Highlighted
Nomad