12-01-2019 02:55 PM
Does anyone with Hero8 Black ever experience a jittery night video?
I certainly have and I really hope that this is only software problem.
Setting was the preset for Activity and shot at night.
12-01-2019 03:07 PM
Yes, same on PC, found out on the PC and I thought it was just playback issue but then tried on different player, still the same.
Put the memory card back to the GoPro and played it on the GoPro, the same.
12-01-2019 03:14 PM
if I were you:
- make a manual upgrade.https://gopro.com/en/en/update/hero8-black
- follow the "Update your camera manually" link
- use for upgrade a fresh PC hard formatted SD card (I use a 4GB card only for updates)
- make a factory reset
- use a recommended sd card in everyday use https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations
- do not delete files on sd card...save what you want and format it in camera instead.
12-01-2019 03:24 PM
In day time, nothing is wrong, all smooth but low light just recently, that happened.
12-01-2019 03:35 PM - edited 12-01-2019 03:36 PM
on a scooter, there are vibrations and the handlebar panning movements. quite challenging for low light.
I do not remember the factory settings in Activity....
is the Hypersmooth on/high/boost, lens is Wide or superview?
if hypersmooth is set, in low light you may have this jumping lights.
for starters try limiting the shutter to 1/120 or 1/240
or use selective exposure control.
please keep us posted if you test something, we all learn.