Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero8 Black: How to setup top button to power on, take a photo and power off.

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I'm trying to setup my gopro to take a photo every time when I press the power button when it is turned off.

I power up da kamera, go to photo mode, I setup default profile to be photo and then I power off.

When I press the shutter button (on top) it strats in video recording mode.

Do I miss something ir is this a bug in the software?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero8 Black: How to setup top button to power on, take a photo and power off.

The shutter button is used for what's known as "Quick Capture".  There are only two options available for quick capture.   Press once to power on the camera to immediately start recording video.  Press and hold down to power on the camera and immediately start recording a timelapse. 

These are the only options available and this is not a bug in the camera.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero8 Black: How to setup top button to power on, take a photo and power off.

Thank you.
Highlighted
Adventurer

With what was said, can we take a single photo by a press of the quickcapture, no more.  The Hero 7 was able to do timelapse photos.  With GoProlabs latest firmware you can schedule a photo.   As with the latest gopro  fiw 1.6 you will have to  preset the default mode to Photo, and  use the mode on, it will be a Two step precess to get a photo, or use mode on press once and then the shutter , that will be three steps

1. Mode on, mode button once, then shutter.        3 steps

2. Mode on default mode is photo, press shutter 2 steps

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks!