Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero8 Black HDMI Out (hide status info)

Hi guys in my Hero7 black I can select between 3 video modes for my hdmi out (media, live , and monitor) selecting live shows only the picture without the battery status etc (good) 

I have the latest firmware and media mod working. However I do not have this option in the menu and my hdmi out signal contains monitor status. How can I turn this off? 

Thank you. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero8 Black HDMI Out (hide status info)

Your question is about a Hero8 Black, but you mentioned a Hero7 Black.

Let me get this correct,

You can select between 3 video modes for your HDMI out (media, live, and monitor). 

(I'm assuming this is with the Media Mod attached. My Hero8 Black doesn't have these options).

Selecting live shows only the picture without the battery status etc (good) 
I don't know if you can turn this off. Try removing the media mod, hard reset, and changing the battery?

If that doesn't work, I wonder if your LIVE option isn't working because you haven't linked an account or RTMP.

This can be done through the GoPro app.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Im wondering the same thing

Highlighted
Sightseer

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Media-Mod-and-Hero-8/m-p/577364#/M140409 does this work for you? I don't have a gopro yet, i'm debating between the hero7 and hero8 for livestreaming through an OBS.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Are you able to still use the rear monitor of the camera while you are running through the HDMI out?
Highlighted
Tourist

I have a Hero7  and 8 Black. 7 works as expected.

However, on my Hero, 8 is missing options on the input out/ put menu.
Under input/ output, only the audio input option is available. Video options are not present. This is the same with or without the Media mod mounted.  (I am running the latest firmware, that's how I got the media mod to work)
IMG_9390.JPG

The issue I am trying to solve is to hide the status bar ( battery and SD) from the HDMI signal. 
IMG_9392.JPG

I've connected it to the app. And the status bar is not present in the app👍So Im guessing its a matter of how to get that menu option on the Hero8b like I have on my Hero 7b. 

IMG_9393.PNG

Has anyone with Hero8b managed to hide the status bar in their HDMI video? Trying to figure out if I'm missing something or this is a limitation of Hero8b (in which case I'm going to need to trade down to a 7) 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Nomad

There is no option in the menu for a "clean" feed.

To get a clean feed you need to change the mode once your media mod is attached with a HDMI out.

You just use the side button to select the playback mode, the "live" mode and the "monitor" mode.  The 3rd option will be a clean feed with no info displayed.