03-14-2020 01:53 PM - edited 03-14-2020 01:57 PM
I own a GoPro Hero 7 Black for a few months now and from day 1 I've noticed strange behavior that the camera randomly freezes (also during non-shooting) and the screen shows weird glitches. They're usually green / red or blue stripes or dots.
I could live with it the last months since I couldn't afford looking into it because of a trip I was making.
Find here videos I made in 3 different occasions:
- After a boot / startup, the camera will freeze after about 10 seconds. https://photos.app.goo.gl/NxpARpHsT24uh7d56
- Here you'll find what it looks like when it's frozen: https://photos.app.goo.gl/PdgNyhmJs3A43DRA6
- Here's another, but this time it froze once I opened the preferences: https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFM7gQK5c3Xsz21Z6
The only way to solve it is by holding the power button for 15-20 seconds roughly. Or I need to remove the battery of course.
- Firmware version: 1.90
- I use only official Gopro batteries
- Also after a firmware reset, it could randomly freeze during setup (see attached image, where I was setting the camera up). Same glitch.
- SD card: Samsung Evo Plus
I'm happy to provide any additional information.
Perhaps there is firmware logging / or stack trace dumps on the camera that I could find and share with you that could help pinpoint the issue? Or should I conclude this model is faulty?
Happy to hear
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-15-2020 04:52 AM
03-14-2020 02:10 PM
Please try to install new camera firmware update manually: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras
After installing new camera firmware test the camera.
If issue persist you have to change your SD card: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations
03-15-2020 01:16 AM
Thanks for your reply.
- I updated the Firmware manually using the guide. No effect.
- I replaced the SD card, and I tried to turn the HERO7 Black on without the SD card in. It also crashes. See my proof here, you can see there was no SD card inside when it crashed : https://photos.app.goo.gl/yRbQxijd4gY1m2Ho9
What can I do as follow-up?
03-15-2020 04:52 AM
03-15-2020 07:57 AM
If there is no other means to solve / fix the problem, then I will need to submit for replacement.
I will contact support and the reseller from whom I purchased the Gopro ( Dutch website bol.com ).
Thanks for the information