Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero7 gave me error and deleted all my files

[ New ]
I am on honeymoon after 45min of snorkeling my camara gave me an error and delete all my files. More than 300 pics and 5hrs of video....any solution?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Hero7 gave me error and deleted all my files

[ New ]
There was an error on your SD card. The camera notified you that it would need to format the card to correct it. You accepted the formatting, which deleted your files. To prevent this in the future, you should perform a FULL format (not quick) of the card in your computer, followed by a format in the camera. If the error comes up again, do not accept the formatting. Turn the camera off and then back on again. It is also advisable that you get a new card. For the files that you deleted, don't use your card anymore (and DO NOT format it, as described above). Check with the card manufacturer for a file recovery program. They may either have one they can provide to you or be able to give you suggestions on which work best for your card. If you haven't overwritten the files, you may be able to recover them.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

[ New ]
There was an error on your SD card. The camera notified you that it would need to format the card to correct it. You accepted the formatting, which deleted your files. To prevent this in the future, you should perform a FULL format (not quick) of the card in your computer, followed by a format in the camera. If the error comes up again, do not accept the formatting. Turn the camera off and then back on again. It is also advisable that you get a new card. For the files that you deleted, don't use your card anymore (and DO NOT format it, as described above). Check with the card manufacturer for a file recovery program. They may either have one they can provide to you or be able to give you suggestions on which work best for your card. If you haven't overwritten the files, you may be able to recover them.
Tourist

[ New ]
It never ask to format anything. I know what format is and I would have never say yes to that...but ok, thanks for your replay.