Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Hero7 firmware update - December

We know the December firmware aims to fix both the issues with stabilised panning and the battery bugs, but I was hoping to get some ideas whether the following will be addressed:

- 4k Linear.
This is so important to a lot of us and I was wondering whether this will be implemented?

- H264 availability for all shooting modes.
Currently H265 is still hardly supported and even though we can convert using Handbrake I woupd rather just have a larger files size with H264, and I know many others agree.

- Stabilised panning.
Will there now be selections to choose between Hypersmooth and Standard Stabilisation? I know it is being addressed but would be interested to know how as we don't want Hypersmooth to be dumbed down, just to have a panning option.

I would appreciate an answer from someone at GoPro who understands my issues rather than a nothing answer from the usual suspects on this forum, cough cough Daniel.

Any help would be appreciated!
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero7 firmware update - December

If it was a 5.2k camera linear would then work
Highlighted
Nomad

4k = 3840 × 2160.

12 mega pixel sensor = 4000 x 3000.

There is plenty of room to create a Linear profile for 4k. Even if only a bit is taken off to reduce the ultra wide look.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Ys gopro can crop the  image  like they did with 4k60 hypersmooth so yes they can do linear, but others beg to differ