Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero7 black

Hello. I have purchased a brand new go pro 7 black one month ago. I have just noticed that sometimes on the wide photo mode there purple dots appearing in the top right and bottom left corner. If you can advice me why is this happening it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero7 black

photo on it please so the reps can understand it is either the sensor, dead pixal etc...

Highlighted
Tourist

Here is just one example. However I don't  think it is a dead pixel because it is on phone and PC as well.

Highlighted
Tourist

GOPR1203_1565597750303_high.JPG
Highlighted
Tourist

GOPR1169_1565594154716_high.JPG
Highlighted
Tourist

GOPR1179_1565597750303_high.JPG
Highlighted
Adventurer

photo this is on the widest FOV, does it happen on a narrower FOV, and also same for video. that is a barrel distortion ?

looks like camera at fault with hte lenses and sensor showing barrel  issue  contact gopro about it,  thework around isCrop your vids that you should not be doing to fix a hardware problem that was to be INSPECTED by gopro before sales.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the reply. For now it happens only on the widescreen photos, but I will follow your advice and get in touch with gopro.