Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero7 battery door not flush

[ New ]

Got a Hero7 4 days ago and only today noticed that the battery door in not flush. After reading some posts on the hub it seems that it should be and it could be a manufacturing flaw. Should the camera get damaged by water it will not be replaced?

GoPro I would very much like you to view the attached image and respond in terms of whether or not the unit is safe for using under water. I will be traveling abroad in a couple of weeks and diving is the agenda hence, should the unit be replaced I can return it to the retailer.

IMG_0050.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero7 battery door not flush

[ New ]

Hi @sssd

It will be best to get the camera exchanged.

Please refer to the same store/channel you got the camera from.

You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sssd,

Please try pulling the battery out. Once the camera cools down (if currently warm), re-insert the battery applying a firm pressure. 

Make sure that the door is fully extended and then release tab has it pop back up (if not, you can press it from the underside to pop it back up). With the battery door fully extended, close the door and then slide it shut (all while applying firm downward pressure). 

If in case you still get the same result, given that this is a recent purchase and out-of-the-box issue, kindly reach out to the retailer so they can help you with the next steps. 

Kind Regards,

Ann

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you for your reply Ann.

The image was taken without a battery in the unit. Is your recommendation to return the unit for a replacement or does it look "normal" to you?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sssd

It will be best to get the camera exchanged.

Please refer to the same store/channel you got the camera from.

You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks Ej. I will return the camera to the retailer.