Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero7 Black not working properly in water

I have a hero7 black and when I use it in the water the screen starts jumping to different functions. I can start it out of the water but when I put it in the water it will change from video to picture and jump around to other features. It's like the water is setting off the touch screen function. Anyone else experiencing problems like this? 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero7 Black not working properly in water

@sweetbluff08456, such occurrence can happen since the camera's touch LCD display is touch-sensitive when used underwater. It is best for the Screen Lock to be enabled in order to avoid accidental changes to the settings. You will be able to navigate through the modes and settings of the camera using the Mode and Shutter Button while the screen is locked.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

I had this issue once with the supersuit.

It was at 30m depth.

Highlighted
Adventurer

did you lock your screen first , or just jumping in as is. gopro does not automatically lock screens  that will stop that  mode change etc.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have not tried that but if I lock the how do I access the functions under water? Seems as soon as I unlocked it I would have the same trouble.
Highlighted
GoPro

@sweetbluff08456, such occurrence can happen since the camera's touch LCD display is touch-sensitive when used underwater. It is best for the Screen Lock to be enabled in order to avoid accidental changes to the settings. You will be able to navigate through the modes and settings of the camera using the Mode and Shutter Button while the screen is locked.