Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero7 Black Pink vertical line in recording

[ New ]

After having the camera about a week, it has started to show a pink line going vertically down the middle. This is the third camera this has happened to. Ive tried using multiple SD cards, updating, factory reset, and everything mentioned on support. Not sure what is causing this, but its happening to multiple units. Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 5.44.54 AM.png
GoPro

Re: Hero7 Black Pink vertical line in recording

[ New ]

Hello @boldwave52588,

Thank you for sharing your observation. Does the line appear on media played back in the camera only? Do you see it when the GoPro media is viewed using other media players? Does it occur in both photos and videos? Is there any particular resolution setting where the line becomes visible? All these details will be helpful for us to isolate what maybe causing such. Hope to hear back from you.

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

It seems to only show up when i record at 2.7k@30fps with stabilization off. Any other setting seems to be fine. This is showing up on every media player I have tried it on. Only on video. Thanks!

Adventurer

[ New ]

Yes this is quite  well known     been reported.   GoPro has been aware about it.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I too have this with TWO Hero 7 Blacks. **bleep**!!!

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 2.50.08 PM.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @bradn04,

Have you tried resetting your camera and update it manually?

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/software-update-instructions-for-hero7-cameras

Follow manual firmware update step posted on that link.

Regards,

-Jay