Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

Since the new firmware has not helped us I really have no other option but to look for another camera to use. Right now I'm working with AKASO and their cameras. They have a new Brave 7 LE camera coming out. I'm not posting this here to be a jerk to GoPro but heck folks, we've all spent a bunch of money on our cameras and not getting any help! This new camera from AKASO is waterproof and looks pretty nice. It might not have all the features of the GoPro but if my video freezes all the time, what's the use? OK, here comes the tag line HAHAHAHA!

"You don't have to be a Hero, but you can still be Brave"

All the best my friends and I hope you can find some answers.

Gene

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

This has been happenign to me for a while. I'm using Batmax battries as well as a couple go-pro ones. I do feel that it happens with the batmax and not with the go-pro but haven't tracked it long enough. Anyone have this issue happen while using Go-Pro specific batteries?

Highlighted
Hiker

I had it happen with the orig GP batt.  My other offbrand bats work fine.

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, and others have reported this happening with GoPro batteries too. It seems to happen when the battery gets close or below 30% charge from what people are explaining. The more you stress the camera the less time you get to record so a lot of us are pretty much turning off all the extra features and hope it just records video without bombing on us :-(

Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm experiencing the same issues as everyone else. After reading through 49 pages on this topic that spans more than a year, I'm extremely disappointed there is no clear root cause or solution. I bought a GoPro because I thought the name brand would be more reliable and easier to use. An action camera you can't rely on recording isn't very useful. I feel duped and wish I didn't spend a premium on something that is not reliable. 

Highlighted
GoPro

@justinv26, sorry to hear about the trouble. If in case you continue to have the freeze-up issues with the camera after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps here, using different recommended SD cards and redoing the software update, please contact our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs so they can assist you on the next steps. 

Highlighted
Tourist

This troubleshooting steps listed are for when the GoPro itself is freezing. Clearly the support we get doesn't even understand the issue at hand!

I've had 5 GoPro's over the years, this will be my last one.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Yea. No response would have been less agrevating.