Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

I have just returned from skiing in the Alps nad have found the same problem. about 10 seconds in (right before my friend films me) the frames freezes and then its only sound.

very very frustrating as this would have been the only footage of me during the trip :(

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

I note tht the file size is still huge! It cant all be sound surely!

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello everyone,

Same issue here. I posted earlier. I just want to let you know that I only shoot in 1080 60 FPS and I still got the same issue. For me it was certainly when it was cold out - freezing cold Vermont and Kilimanjaro. Does appear it can happen at any temperature it just appears that most frequently occurs when it is colder. We know that the firmware update does not change anything and we know that the SD card is not the issue. We have also had some people get a new camera through the return process and still had the same issue with the new camera. I plan on watching this thread and seeing if anything is actually done. Then just before my one year warranty runs out I plan on having them swap me out for a new one hoping by then they fixed the actual mechanical issue. For now I will continue to use my go Pro hero 5 and 4 but will continue to experiment with the 7.

Highlighted
Sightseer

This is happening with me as well, and I’m about to start kicking kittens. I just got what would’ve been absolutely insane footage, and it’s frozen about 10 seconds in. What a joke!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone!

If the suggested steps does not clear the issue, the best path forward is to contact our Support Team.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Wow, the best Gopro can say for a solution is to contact our support team?? 

How about a solution? I want so badly to love this camera but with lousy battery life and now freezing video but audio is recorded??? Why bother??? and yes, I have an approved SD card, 

Samsung EVO Plus 256GBMB-MC256GA/AM

My Hero 7 doesn't discrimate between OEM batteries and third party ones. It freezes all the time. I have the latest firmware update from January 2019.  

I lost videos of our Aspen/Snowmass trip...but there's audio Smiley Mad

PLEASE HELP!!! 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @redtree88755. The best path forward at this time would be to engage our Support team. This way, details surrounding the issue are documented and submitted directly to the team in charge. We are working to determine what might be happening that is why we need to gather details per case.  When you contact Support, have your camera and camera information ready so you can get assisted as quickly as possible. Best regards!

Highlighted
Hiker

Hey GoPro Admins

how about suggesting your bosses to crawl this forum, instead of repeating again and again the same answer ?

this would be a little more 2.0 than your method

how about starting by - let say - the number of pages published ?