Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

I would 100% do that if I could, even though I bought at launch I might end up requesting one and doing a chargeback if they refuse. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

Was able to get the RMA for the return, as I just received it a few weeks ago. I tried to negotiate for some future credit for my loss in the trade up program, but the rep really didn't care and sounded like she wanted to end the call as quickly as possible. I really hate to say this, but I think this is my last gopro. I really like the company/product, and would have bought from them again, but this experience has soured me. It felt like a "Sorry to hear that you're having troubles, but take it or leave it" type of attitude.

Highlighted
Sightseer

My wife and I each have a new Hero 7 Black that have had their software fully updated and both use SanDisk Extreme PLUS micro sd cards. After using these multiple times for snowboarding we have also had this video freezing issue sporatically without any way for us to know about it. This has caused us to lose a fair amount of footage and is quite disappointing and unacceptable... Please let us know what GoPro has planned to rectify these issues with this, thank you.

v/r,

Jeremy and Michaela Johnson

Highlighted
Tourist

UPDATE!!

So apparently this is a known mechanical issue and it happens at 2.7k 4:3 with Hypersmooth on. 

It was confirmed by a Gopro athlete that i was talking to. Hiding his name since I'm not sure if he was supposed to say this in public or not.

At least we can now drop the res and keep filming. Haven't tested 1440 to see if the problem continues or not, so please try and let us know!

Cheers!

IMG_3268.jpg
Highlighted
Tourist

Alis- thanks for sharing that. But I pretty much always shoot at 2.7k, 60fps, 16:9. I never shoot in 4:3. And I have experienced the freezing pic with rolling audio in only warm climates (under water and on beaches).

This issue spans more then just cold temp, and 4:3. Those may exacerbate the issue thoigh...

Agree with your friend - with this being a known issue I would love to see GoPro provide us with an explanation on what is actually going on.
Highlighted
Hiker

as for me, I encountered the problem shooting either full HD 16:9 superview (hence, sort of 4:3), or 1440 4:3.

at least, could it be possible the the forum moderators tell us when the next firmware release is planned ?

Highlighted
Hiker

@cooloasis03757 wrote:
Alis- thanks for sharing that. But I pretty much always shoot at 2.7k, 60fps, 16:9. I never shoot in 4:3. And I have experienced the freezing pic with rolling audio in only warm climates (under water and on beaches).

This issue spans more then just cold temp, and 4:3. Those may exacerbate the issue thoigh...

Agree with your friend - with this being a known issue I would love to see GoPro provide us with an explanation on what is actually going on.

Yea many of us have this problem on any of the higher resolutions and out of the cold. But cold is worse.

Highlighted
Tourist

Has anyone encountered the issue with hyperstabilization off? I'm thinking it might be this "new" feature that's causing all of the issues. If I can record in a specific mode as containmet, I'd be happy, but the issue still needs to be resolved. Definitely seems like more hardware than anything.