Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

I'm not sure if I feel better or worse - this has been an issue at least with the Hero 6 Black.  Each support thread seems to devolve in to a loop of "use a different SD card" and "update the GoPro" however there has been no solution and hardly any acceptance that the issue actually exist from the team.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

Hi @toughbluff65747,

It's really the main reason. Using slow SD cards or not recommended SD card. System glitch that can be fixed by manual firmware update. 

But if issue persist them it would be best to get in touch with a customer support representative. 

But most of the time after changing SD card and manual firmware update the problem no longer exist. 

-Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Using recommended card doesn't fix anything. 

Any developer from GoPro following this issue?  

Highlighted
Hiker

I don't think it's helpful to continue to tell people to change SD cards and apply the firmware update manually when several people in this thread (including me) have reported they are using the recommended SD cards and have applied the latest firmware update manually, and continue to have this problem.

There is clearly a problem with the GoPro Hero7 that causes it to stop recording video correctly.  It needs to be fixed.  Many people are frustrated that they keep losing footage to this issue with no way to fix it.

If there are people at GoPro working on this issue, I would be happy to test out beta fixes.  If it's possible that this is an issue that only affects certain cameras I would be happy to try a replacement camera.  (I already had my camera replaced under warranty once, but the replacement camera still had the issue.)

Highlighted
Tourist

Same issue happens to me. I bought the go pro 7 black when it was 1st released. I had a big trip to Africa. Most videos are fine for the safari. However hiking Kilimanjaro when it was cold the videos all froze. Really upset about it because I don't plan on doing that again. It was very difficult.  I used multiple cards but all had the same problem. All were approved. just went on a snowboarding trip last week after doing the firmware update and still had the same problem. Video freezes but audio continues to record. Really not acceptable. It is really sad to say that the hero 4 was the best of all the cameras so far. For this reason I purchased another hero four. Also really upset that I bought so much stock in this company a few years ago. Any case go pro clean up your act and respond to customers. You know that the problem is real so don't screw around with anybody, admit the problem, tell us you're working on a permanent solution and if you can't come up with one do a recall.

Highlighted
Hiker

This is probably a hardware problem.

Highlighted
Hiker

I'm having also the problem ! an average of 1 rush out of 5 is screwed, I've been powder snowboarding in Japan for 10 days and realised I had the problem too late !

When discovered, the only work around I sort of came up was to limit the rushes to 1 or 2 minutes : so having to constantly start and stop the video - a real pain in the ass when it windy (vocal control not easy) and freezing (-15° celsius)

this is unacceptable

and no serious official answer so far ?

Highlighted
Hiker

by "rush", read instead "footage" ! sorry for the confusion (rush being the word we use in French (in English) for footage :))