Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

Damage is Done   Lol

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

[ Edited ]

@fishycomics wrote:

I wonder about interference, has any troubleshoot gone into that before you  are saying its clearly a 2nd Defect. that gopro has given you, and declaired your Warranty  out ofdate/expired.  Same boat, warranty is over.

Was Hypersmooth 1.0 turned off and  the ride replicated?  Did the issue still exist with Hypersmooth 1.0 off. Or we are so quick to say Defective, and blame, asking, as i read the pages and no mention, if I missed it or not?

Danielr15  loves his camera, nuff said on that.  For me the list can go on and on with the issues.  I  want to say  the Gyro of the camera, over kill, a lot of vibration, possible electronic interference, you may never know, just a wild guess, before I  say defect.

I again got no problem  showing and telling....

Has any tests been done with EIS off, while on the bike. stationary. etc.  or just this one that  we see, is it all the videos.  Kind of says to me I should go find Some Magnetic field  that you can feel your Body shake and see if that interferes... then start calling people names...

Love  & hate GoPro when it works we love it, when it fails we hate it.  a Bike ride you can always go back on, but not when its a PRICELESS moment and theshot get ruined. especially on vacation and its a bike ride.

If you read deep into the Terms + conditions it is clear they use REFURBISHED UNITS. DEEP into the  plus program. where I read it. 

@bwx232    

Also my GH7B is handled with kid gloves. It has never been dropped.It has never been subject to vibration. It is either hand held or on my helmet or maybe a head band (like a hat cam). It's never been subject to vibration. I feel like it could stop working at any time so I handle it like I would a new born baby except for putting it on my helmet.

It failed exactly the same way my first one did. Worked for several months and then all of the sudden one day started glitching.

And yeah I almost always use Hypersmooth. And almost always shoot 4k 30 superview. I have done minimal testing with other settings but that is why I bought the cam, for those settings.

I am sure I could get this defective, expensive POS to work if I shot in 1080p with no image stabilization.

Also when I turned it on later I was in the menus and the screen went totally green. So it is obviously screwed up.

Interference is a possibility but any chip susceptible to that should be shielded.  Radio waves are everywhere these days, That shouldn't break my $400 gopro.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

LOL you crack me up. I have not given all my reasons for coming to my conclusions so you cannot possibly know all the reasons I think they are all defective. But yet you have the gall to start throwing around personal insults when you can't handle it.   

I don't think anyone who uses the cams with 4k 30 or god forbid 60 fps and uses superview and hypersmooth on a regular basis will have a camera that works for more than a couple years.

How can you possible explain people getting 4 or 5 or even 6 replacements that all fail in the exact same way? YOU CAN'T.

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

yes Seen a number of clips. points to a number of things but yet  everyone's issue is different.

Since @danielr15  chimed in and does not have the issue.  And Since @fishycomics  (I) do not have the issue.  All we can do is suggest, and our Suggestions are not helping, then there is really  nothing more for him or I to do. if you like some of my suggestions and chose not to act on them, and made your Decision up that All GoPros are defective,  that is all "You'

The Hero 7 Black  is outdated, with issues:

visit th  site scroll the list of Users including dan with the  Thin red line, using super-view,  he had...  been here long enough to know  not all will get it.......

FISH