Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

@danielr15 :

well, then I would suggest GoPro warns its skiers/boarders clients that unless they're the kind of persons interested in shooting their riding exploits in parks on spring snow, they should put aside the idea of buying a hero 7.

not too hot, not too cold, now not too deep (with stock cameras now being sold without diving case) : not so an action cam anymore ? 

we have a legal 2-year warranty in France, I will thus wait before trying to get a replacement camera.

as many contributors already said on this thread : the least we expect from the company is that (1) they acknowledge this is a real issue, occurring repeatedly in certain conditions, and causing real concern for the users, and (2) that they work actively on fixing the issue through a firmware release - that would at least improve the "error management", if no fixing the ground cause

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

Temperature issues confirmed. While skiing my Hero 7 didn’t work unless the battery was warm. My Hero 5 has no problems. Same SD cards and batteries (recommended ones). 24 F.

Ruined two days of my ski trip. Won’t recommend this to anyone.
Highlighted
Tourist

The GoPro Community Manager jefft, GoPro Admin mariustanya and graytree76514 are ignoring this thread. Don't let this thread down until they have a solution.

Highlighted
Explorer

@royalbluff82138 

How so?

It was just a coupl days ago that @mariustanya wrote, 

"Hello Everyone. Sorry to hear about the trouble you are experiencing with your cameras. We would like to make sure that your cameras are working smoothly so if you have already gone through recommended troubleshooting steps for camera freezing (like the ones detailed here) and you still observe the same problem, let our Support team help. This way, cases can be created and reported directly to the team in charge. Although we had this issue reported already, it would be a great help to gather more information directly from you. Our Support team's contact information is at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Let us know how it works out. "

Have you followed the advice given?

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi
Could freeze be linked To Pal / Ntsc setting ? Is there more people suffering freeze issue when set to pal setting ? Thanks to check
Highlighted
Hiker

I dont think so, i tried it in both modes, Pal in 24 and 25fps, Ntsc in 24 and 30, both froze or had this weird stuttering
Highlighted
Tourist

j'ai contacté malgré ces nombreux message le service gopro...j'ai remis un fichier defectueux,facture et N° de serie...j'attend la suite...probablement un echange standard....a suivre

Highlighted
Hiker

I also experienced the same problem. Very, very disappointing since I upgraded from my GoPro Black 3 just for my family ski vacation, and I'll never get these moments back. I hope there is a fix for this as I do like the series. C'mon, would have expected QA to have tested for these obvious conditions since they market to these sports!