Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

Old SD card on left, new SD card on right. BOTH on list. Using Sandisk on right with replacement H7B.  Worked fine for months with light use. As soon as I started using cam more regularly, boom, it glitched in the exact same way old cam did. What a coincidence. Must be one on a million shot. sandisk - samsung sd cards.jpg

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

[ Edited ]

You spent a lot of time writing without ever directly answering the questions.
I have a HERO7 Black and have been using it 3-4 times a week surfing for well over a year. No issues (purchased the day it came out).
My Son has a HERO7 Black, he uses it frequently for vlogs, hikes, in his Karma drone and Grip and school events.
My brother in law has a HERO7 Black. He uses it frequently to record his child growing up. His son was born just before HERO7 came out and he got it when H7 was released. He's been capturing priceless memories ever since.
My neighbor has a HERO7 Black. He's an avid bicyclist and uses his HERO7 Black pretty much daily.
My old college roommate has a HERO7 Black. He's a snowboarder in Tahoe. He has amazing videos with HERO7 Black. I asked him if he was going to get the HERO8 and he said that he he didn't feel the need since his HERO7 Black worked so great.
I have a co-worker that races RC cars and use a HERO7 Black mounted on his cars. He also uses it for paintball and recording vacations. He has no complaints.

I often see each talk with other surfers and mountain bikers who have and use the HERO7 Black. I've only met one person who said they had an issue with the camera getting hot, but he changed the SD card after taking with GoPro Support and now the camera works fine (He uses it with his Karma drone, hiking, and kayaking).

Sorry to hear that you are having issues.

Highlighted
Hiker

@danielr15 What cards are these people using? I tried a lot of those on the list. But maybe the wrong ones.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

@danielr15 wrote:
You spent a lot of time writing without ever directly answering the questions.
I have a HERO7 Black and have been using it 3-4 times a week surfing for well over a year. No issues (purchased the day it came out).
My Son has a HERO7 Black, he uses it frequently for vlogs, hikes, in his Karma drone and Grip and school events.
My brother in law has a HERO7 Black. He uses it frequently to record his child growing up. His son was born just before HERO7 came out and he got it when H7 was released. He's been capturing priceless memories ever since.
My neighbor has a HERO7 Black. He's an avid bicyclist and uses his HERO7 Black pretty much daily.
My old college roommate has a HERO7 Black. He's a snowboarder in Tahoe. He has amazing videos with HERO7 Black. I asked him if he was going to get the HERO8 and he said that he he didn't feel the need since his HERO7 Black worked so great.
I have a co-worker that races RC cars and use a HERO7 Black mounted on his cars. He also uses it for paintball and recording vacations. He has no complaints.

I often see each talk with other surfers and mountain bikers who have and use the HERO7 Black. I've only met one person who said they had an issue with the camera getting hot, but he changed the SD card after taking with GoPro Support and now the camera works fine (He uses it with his Karma drone, hiking, and kayaking).

Sorry to hear that you are having issues.

How did I not answer questions!?  I showed the mem cards and informed you that you cannot upload raw files to gopro support and said I already did all the jumping thorough all the hoops, that includes factory resets and updating to latest FW with SD card manually.

Also I am basing all my "generalizations" going by the reports from gopro users on this forum and on youtube and many other places online. 

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

I wonder about interference, has any troubleshoot gone into that before you  are saying its clearly a 2nd Defect. that gopro has given you, and declaired your Warranty  out ofdate/expired.  Same boat, warranty is over.

Was Hypersmooth 1.0 turned off and  the ride replicated?  Did the issue still exist with Hypersmooth 1.0 off. Or we are so quick to say Defective, and blame, asking, as i read the pages and no mention, if I missed it or not?

Danielr15  loves his camera, nuff said on that.  For me the list can go on and on with the issues.  I  want to say  the Gyro of the camera, over kill, a lot of vibration, possible electronic interference, you may never know, just a wild guess, before I  say defect.

I again got no problem  showing and telling....

Has any tests been done with EIS off, while on the bike. stationary. etc.  or just this one that  we see, is it all the videos.  Kind of says to me I should go find Some Magnetic field  that you can feel your Body shake and see if that interferes... then start calling people names...

Love  & hate GoPro when it works we love it, when it fails we hate it.  a Bike ride you can always go back on, but not when its a PRICELESS moment and theshot get ruined. especially on vacation and its a bike ride.

If you read deep into the Terms + conditions it is clear they use REFURBISHED UNITS. DEEP into the  plus program. where I read it. 

@bwx232    

Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

I'm honestly not trying to insult you, but you are looking at one side and overgeneralizing. Refusing to accept that the vast majority of people DON'T have issues is to ignore the overwhelming popularity and positive reviews, videos, and personal accounts.

As far as cards, I use a Lexar 677X. I also have five SanDisk Extreme but after consistently having issues with one of the five cards and previous issues with SanDisk with my HERO3 Black and then HERO5 Black, I've decided to stop using them (I started using them again with HERO6 Black and didn't have issues).
My son uses Samsung Select. We both only use 32GB and 64GB cards (higher storage capacity cards are more prone to issues). My brother in law also uses the Samsung Select. My co-worker changed from a SanDisk Ultra to a SanDisk Extreme Pro. I'm not sure what the other people are using, but I'll ask around.

Highlighted
Explorer

Can you not upload a file to Dropbox? You did show the cards, but unfortunately I had already started writing so I didn't see the second post, sorry about that.
Highlighted
Adventurer

GoPro removed Samsung off tehir list from  the Hero 2 to Hero 3 time, then they added them back in. Marketing.  I use every card here you see

Yes Even that Ultra, but knowing it will not work well with the newer versions but will work with my hero session. 

sd.png