Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

@danielr15  a écrit :
Sorry to hear about that experience.
Because this is a member to member support community. Most of these post are not seen by GoPro, other than the handful of moderators who may or may not see your individual post.
If you would like to leave feedback, you can do so here https://gopro.com/en/us/feedback
If you want to reach out to GoPro Support, you can do so here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Bonjour,

Je pense que Gopro ferait bien de s'y interesser car le sav ne m'a pas réglé mes problèmes de freeze et je suis écoeuré d'autant dincompértence et de mauvaise foi.

Je n'utilise plus ma GoPro 7 Black et je ne rate jamais une occasion de dire que cette caméra a un problème en 4K sur tous les gropupes GoPro Facebook, Instagram et blogs !!!

Merci de votre proposition mais j'ai dja passé des dizaines d'heures sans résultat sur plusieurs caméra 7 black...

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

graytree76514

You say that that the main reason is using slow or not recommended cards. I use fast SanDisk microSD Extreme V30 recommended by GoPro. Same problem.
The problem is either in your hatdware or firmware - please fix.
Highlighted
Explorer

SanDisk cards are NOT reliable. I have five SanDisk Extreme v30 cards. My HERO7 Black was intermittently freezing, usually about 20 minutes into recording. It took awhile, but I eventually figured out it was only happening with one of the SanDisk Extreme v30 cards. Three work fine, but the forth gives occasional SD error and much faster battery drain. So, from my experience, only 3 of five SanDisk Extreme v30 cards (60%) are reliable. Switched over to Samsung Select and Lexar 677X v30 and haven't had any issues for almost a year now.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

It doesn't have anything to do with SD cards in my case because I have 3 different recommended Samsung cards and my Hero7 Black is an unreliable piece of garbage.  I finally sent it back but I have little hope that the used/ remanufactured/ defect cam I get back will be any better.

Samsung 128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC Evo Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME128GA/AM) x2

Samsung 256GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME256GA/AM) x1

Highlighted
Tourist

Question to you folks, can any of you confirm that your battery might have been low when this has happened? I'm 100% in the same boat here with you folks and trying to get to the route of the problem.

Could you imagine if the GoPro mounted to the dudes helmets at RedBull Rampage went south like are's? Apparently these things are relyable for other people and I really need it to work.

Right now I have WAY to much invested in GoPro gear for me to switch now. 

Highlighted
Hiker

It does it with no battery (on USB power), full battery, half full battery, low battery, hot outside, cold outside, 4k, 2.7k, all firmwares, hypersmooth, no hyspersmooth, no matter settings in camera. Unreliable P O S! I probably wasted about $400.  Thanks gopro.  This was my first gopro.  Great experience. 😂

Highlighted
Hiker

Believe it or not I’ve spoke to Darren berrecloth on Instagram about issues with Gopro hero 7 black and even he has had similar problems
Although they are sponsored so will have easy access to get camera switched
Highlighted
Tourist

Really didn't want to hear that hainman Smiley Sad