Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

That is a little lame that GoPro is backing their warrenty like that. I wish I could say that I think a new camera will fix your issue but I'm very doubtful. There are just to many complants here with no answers. I will at least put this into the mix, I'm not always using GoPro batteries (which I truly don't think means a thing here) and sometimes I record with the battery rather low on power. I only record at 2.7k and not even 4k, but that still might just be to much for the camera to handle with a low battery. I want to be as fair as I can here because I do feel that the GoPro platform is quite good, but this issue is making it pretty tough on me.

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

I too have faced the same issue, and have since returned my gp7. Albeit, I'm losing my $100 camera trade-in but wanted to see if the issue will be resolved. Has anyone seen this issue in the new gp8 and has there been any incentive to upgrade to it? After all this time I'm not sure if any fix for the gp7 is forthcoming or will be reliable.
Highlighted
Tourist

I also have an 8 coming in and hope it also fixes the issue. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi guys. In the past, i had the same issues during my last trips using a slow sd-card, low light on, FW <1.8 and cheap batteries. Now i am just be back from a 3 week travel in indonesia. I used GP7 with original batteries, 128gb samsung evo plus, FW 1.80, 4k 60 hyper smooth, low light off, protune on at several situations (darkness, up to 36°C, in the water approx. 20°C and a depth of 10m). Even at 1080p 240 fps no issues anymore. I recorded 160GB of footage with the GP7 and changed the batteries latest at 20%.
Highlighted
Hiker

Had similar inside with freezing.recording Audio but no video,and camera not switching on
They have offered a return for replacement but the chances of it being NEW isn’t one I’m hopeful about
Plus a 30day refund policy is pathetic
I was hoping I would be offered the chance of return and pay extra for the Hero 8
Anyone contacted trading standards with the view of the goods not being fit for purpose?
I was given 25% discount so don’t know whether to buy the 8 and punt my 7 and take a hit in the pocket
Would work out about 280-290 for the 8 with discount
And Mibbe get 250 for the 7
Highlighted
Hiker

Bonsoir, c'est ma 3me Gopro qui fait la même chose et il veulent m'en envoyer une 4ème. Je les soupsonne d'envoyer les Gopros défaillantes en remplacement ou alors cela veut dire que la Gopro 7 Black à un gros problème de conception. Dans les 2 cas c'est grave car soit Gopro est malhonnète soit ne veut pas reconnaitre le problème de la GoPro 7. Moi je n'utilise plus ma GP7 Black et j'ai des scrupules à la revendre pour ne pas arnaquer quelqu'un en lui revendant une caméra défaillante. Je suis très déçu car j'ai eu toute les GoPro depuis sa sortie !!!!

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm trying not to blow my top right now and post anything I would regrate later but I'm at my complete wits end with this **bleep** thing!!! I use these cameras from my YouTube channel. OK, it's not a huge business, but it's still a business and I need to video to work! Tonight I was recording one of the biggest events and I can't believe the stupid thing froze up again on me on all the videos that I seriously needed recorded. WTH!!!!!!

GoPro, are you even reading this forum! Do you even care about any of us here?

Highlighted
Explorer

Sorry to hear about that experience.
Because this is a member to member support community. Most of these post are not seen by GoPro, other than the handful of moderators who may or may not see your individual post.
If you would like to leave feedback, you can do so here https://gopro.com/en/us/feedback
If you want to reach out to GoPro Support, you can do so here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs