Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

Bonsoir, j'en suis à ma 3eme gopro qui freeze. J'ai fait tous les tests avec le service technique et la seule chose qui me propose c'est une 4eme camera 7 Black. J'en ai marre et je vais voir la concurence, un scandale !

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

That is not encouraging.  Mine freezes no matter what I try, and also hypersmooth freaks out and wrecks about every video now after FW 1.80 manually installed after factory reset (twice). 

I just got off the phone with Gopro support. I am in the process of sending them purchase invoice and video files for proof. 11 months of frustration and countless lost videos/ days of recording videos. I Hope I get one that works if they even send me a new one. My fear is I get used / refurbished defect that someone else sent in as defective then gopro did a few quick tests and say "FACTORY REFURBISHED!", then they send it to me.  Then my 12 mo warranty runs out and I am left with nothing but a defective useless paperweight. 

$350 is a lot of cash to spend on a paperweight. It's not like this is not a known issue either. Support rep. on phone tried to steer me in the direction of using lower resolution or asked if I had tried that. I said I bought the thing to record 4k, hypersmooth, superview., all at the same time. If I did not want to do that I would buy a generic cam or cheaper gopro. Seems like these just will not run reliably unless you are doing 1080p 60.

I am so sick and tired of this unreliable garbage. I want to get the hero8 black just to see if it works reliably.. but I am gun-shy now and don't want to give gopro another dime of my money.

Highlighted
Tourist

i only record in 1080 60 fps hero 7 and this happens often (even when I summited kilimanjaro last year sadly....)

Just an FYI

I got a new one recently sent to me when I called tech support. Is wast 11 months into my original warentee like you and it is buggy in different ways so far and did do a freeze and audio continues once but I have not done much cold weather stuff as it is sept-oct time frame right now.

Highlighted
Hiker

@boldstoke314 wrote:

i only record in 1080 60 fps hero 7 and this happens often (even when I summited kilimanjaro last year sadly....)

Just an FYI

I got a new one recently sent to me when I called tech support. Is wast 11 months into my original warentee like you and it is buggy in different ways so far and did do a freeze and audio continues once but I have not done much cold weather stuff as it is sept-oct time frame right now.

That sucks. I only lost some near death motorcycle riding vids (a normal happening). I can't imagine losing a mountain climb like that. The sinking feeling you get when you go to look at the footage and there is nothing there is pretty nasty. You never really get used to it. Gopro should really be ashamed of themselves for designing and selling these obviously defective cams.  Seems like they have no shame or honor as far as I can tell. 🤷‍♂️

Highlighted
Hiker

Bonsoir, j'en suis à ma 3eme gotro qui freeze. J'ai fait tous les tests avec le service technique et la seule chose qui me propose c'est une 4eme camera 7 Black. J'en ai marre et je vais voir la concurence, un scandale !

Highlighted
Hiker

Bonsoir, j'en suis à ma 3eme gopro qui freeze. J'ai fait tous les tests avec le service technique pour les 3 et la seule chose qu'is me proposent c'est une 4eme camera 7 Black. Une fois tous les tests validés, Gopro vous renverra une caméra qui fera pareil et le conseil de ne pas l'utiliser en 4K 50 ips, un scandale !

Highlighted
Tourist

I guess I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I'm constantly loosing footage with these cameras! I have 2 GoPro Hero 7 Blacks and both freeze video and record audio all the time! Both cameras have the lastest firmware (as of this post anyway) and both cameras are using the SanDisk Extream 64gb cards. I even bought these cards because GoPro recommended them so I know I'm using what I should. I need these cameras to work! I run a YouTube channel and it's killing me that I'm loosing footage all the time. Has GoPro addressed this at all yet?

Highlighted
Hiker

I finally called support and getting a replacement cam.  Funny in the email they said it was a "one-time special exception". I have a year warranty, and gopro honoring their warranty is a "one-time special exception"?   My question is, what if the replacement cam does the same thing? Guess I will be SOL and out $350.  🤷‍♂️