Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Explorer

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

See the post above yours.

Along with manual updating and performing a Full (not quick) format in your camera, you might want to consider changing your SD card. Auto low light off and locking the orientation is generally a good idea as well. Also, the new HERO8 batteries might give a bit of a power boost.
Tourist

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

[ Edited ]

I can 100% reproduce this when the battery is on super low, so sort of mitigate it by not letting the battery get very low. (Makes long continious rercording (without power) impossible).

Considering just getting the Hero 8 and selling the 7. Don't think they will ever fix it. On my 2nd warranty replacement and quite frankly sick of it. 

Will wait a bit to see if the Hero 8 is hopefully a product that should have been released, unlike the 7. 

Tourist

I'd serious reconsider giving GoPro another cent of my hard earned money after the total abandonment they've done to their loyal H7 customers.

Tourist

Very valid point. Have endless amount of other GoPro accessories.

Anyone know if I can use all my gopro accesoris with Osmos action? if possible would gladly switch to something that works

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes, I expected a special offer for H7 owners. But not even that. That's it for me.

Tourist

Love my 7 when it works, which is rare. Yes, I’ve dove the updates and have a valid memory card. Still freezes the video and I have sound. lost footage for Skiing in Aspen, Mammoth, Copper Mountain, A-Basin, Snowmass and sone local trips. Very frustrating!

I would think GoPro would like to make things right for all of us. Maybe it’s time for social media and television to give them some bad press!
Explorer

First, you don't think people who have issues complain and post on social media? Trust me, you haven't come up with an original thought. People who have issues are MUCH more motivated to log on and state negative comments. Thing is, most people are very happy. This isn't some major conspiracy. iPhonedo (who does get sponsorship and affiliate money from DJI) is very popular for good negative and biased videos attacking GoPro. But again, most people are very happy with the HERO7 Black and until the HERO8 came out, it was still there best action camera you could buy.
Hiker

I had 2 warranty replacements of GoPro 7 Black and after the upgrade to the 1.8 the troubles seemed gone. But it was only the day after my warranty expired - it returned. GoPro freezing, the footage lost, GPS data heavily corrupted. Gopro is no longer an action camera, it is a toy camera for 30s quick story.

https://youtu.be/V7M0pFei_XM