Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

Mine does the exact same thing.. lots of footage lost to video freezing but audio continuing. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

I own a Gopro Hero 7 black, what a piece of crap. It always freezes in the snow and I'm sad to see the freezing issues happen at ambient temperature too. I wish Gopro would recall this model once they fix this issue for good, if they ever do.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

@timmarshgoproThanks for the video, I'll try the same with my 7 black this week and see how it goes. My frozen video/audio continues (FV/AC) were all on my snowboard (as in, the camera mounted to the board), and on fairly energetic runs, so maybe you're onto something with the accellerometer and/or auto low light?

Highlighted
Sightseer

So has anyone had a fix by using the manual update from Gopro??
My camera only seems to freeze under a certain temperature
Highlighted
Sightseer

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hello!
This product should be withdrawn from the market and the indemnified owners.
I see that GOPRO support does not say anything. It is also a great scam and frustration, because the product is not cheap!

Highlighted
Hiker

@aragon1006  As an admin do you know how we can request an update from GoPro, such as a bug issue # or if this isn't considered a GoPro issue (i.e. that they see it as an update / SD card issue). 

My 7 was a gift and the person who gave me it is kind of embarressed about these issues and wants to request a refund is all, as I sold my 5 afterwards too.

Highlighted
Hiker

So do you think turning off auto orientation might me a workaround?