Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Backpacker

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

hi all,

guys!

does somebody figure out the trigger?

is the combination of FOV + stabilization?

I'm thinking like when the problem appears:

- 4K@30fps Hypersmooth + Superview

- 4K@30fps Hypersmooth + Wide

- 4K@30fps no stab + Superview/Wide

- etc.

somebody who has this issue, may I ask you to test a little?

just me,

robert

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

I don't think you guys understand how excursions or quality misses like this are handled. GoPro can't get a handle on the situation if you don't provide them details on which specific cameras (is there a bad batch of electronics or a component on the device?) and what specific issues those cameras are having. I'm just as mad as hell and very dissapointed by this miss on a brand new camera, but try to be part of the solution, rather than whining on a forum that no higher up is going to see.

I'll be submitting my report today with the details requested. I advise you do the same so we can all resolve this problem or get a refund.

Highlighted
Hiker

@ebound wrote:

I don't think you guys understand how excursions or quality misses like this are handled. GoPro can't get a handle on the situation if you don't provide them details on which specific cameras (is there a bad batch of electronics or a component on the device?) and what specific issues those cameras are having. I'm just as mad as hell and very dissapointed by this miss on a brand new camera, but try to be part of the solution, rather than whining on a forum that no higher up is going to see.

I'll be submitting my report today with the details requested. I advise you do the same so we can all resolve this problem or get a refund.

This has been a problem since launch, many of us HAVE gone through support gotten replacements, given extremly detailed information etc with no resolution. No way to get a refund (or trade in camera back) all while gopro refuses to acknowledge there is a problem and continues to sell defective cameras.

This is an EXTREMLY repeatable issue, there's no way they don't know.

Highlighted
Backpacker

@ebound and @grandsurf78404 

ok...so be part of the solution.....

which is the trigger?

is the combination of FOV + stabilization?

I'm thinking like when the problem appears:

- 4K@30fps Hypersmooth + Superview

- 4K@30fps Hypersmooth + Wide

- 4K@30fps no stab + Superview/Wide

- etc.

somebody who has this issue, may I ask you to test a little?

robert

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I had this happen yesterday. I was making a few turns above a cliff and then the image freezes. All I get is the audio of the actual cliff send. I guess that there is no way to recover the video? Smiley Mad

Are people experiencing this issue with official GoPro battery? I was using an aftermaket battery, so I thought that might have been the problem. My settings are 60fps 2.7k hypersmooth superview.

Highlighted
Backpacker

hi all,

till now 

resolutions - 4K , 2.7K I think I saw also 1440

rates - 30fps 60fps

is the combination Superview + Hypersmooth the trigger?

does somebody encounter the issue in Wide + Hypersmooth

does somebody without Stabilisation?

just me,

robert

Highlighted
Tourist

@toughcreek25473
I get the freezing with original battery.
Highlighted
Sightseer

mine froze today at 1080p and 240fps, shot in wide. my sd card was the san disk which comes with the camera. It was the first time this happend to me. the battery was pretty low at the time (10%) and I did not use an original gopro battery. 

is there a way to recover the footage?