Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

Anyone from GoPro here?

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero7 Black Freezes, video file shows frozen image but audio continues recording

Just adding my "me too" comment here.

* Samsung 128EVO+

* Firmware 01.70

* 2.7K | 60

Third time using same settings whilst flying, previous two occasions without problems.

Today, recorded over an hour of footage, and lost most of it.

At 3:27 in the first file the image freezes, audio continues as normal for the remaining 13GB+ of files, the same image displays continuously. Never even made it into the air... Really gutted, as I did some power off emergency practice and was looking forward to analysing the footage :(

My old GoPro Hero4 - recording out of the side window, recorded everything just fine - around an hour of perfect footage before the battery died.

Highlighted
Explorer

Evo + or Evo Plus? They are not the same. The (+) is not a good card for your camera.
Highlighted
Tourist

Consider me enlightened. It's an Evo+ and it wasn't cheap, so I feel a bit conned. Of course I read "Evo Plus" on the compatability list whilst I was in the shop, and chose this card on that basis (There were no EvoPlus cards there so how was I to know the "+" wasn't just shorthand?!). Which genius at Samsung thought they could name one card "Evo+" and its successor "EVO Plus". <sigh>

Well, I guess I'll go back to my old 64GB card for the time being (SanDisk Extreme (UHS 3 / V30) A1) and put an order in for another 128GB card from the list.

It still worries me that the GoPro can't deal with this though - I mean, I turn my head every so often to check it's still recording, so it would be better if it just stopped, rather than recording a still image with audio, and blinking happily away. Also I recorded over an hour under the same conditions, with the same card (but previous Firmware version) recently, so the inconsistency leads to a lack of trust.

Either way, thanks for your reply, appreciated!

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I have the exact same problem. Noticed it today that all of my snowboard files from the last 2 days are broken. 

When stopping the recording, the camera just freezes and after this the material is broken. 

Fix this ASAP with prio 1 please. This is just annoying....

Im on 1.7 and use the standard sd card ....

Highlighted
Hiker

Is there anyone from GoPro can provide an update here? At least "we know there's a problem here and we're looking into it?"

Even with learning to check that the video is still working throughout my ride, I still ended up with the frozen video issue twice on a bike ride this morning and lost some footage I can never get back.  It seems it's more rare to have a bike ride where the issue doesn't happen than where it does.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am having the same issue. I got my GoPro in December and this has happened numerous times now. I have lost what would have been a lot of cool footage. :(

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @marymargar842,

May I know if you already tried troubleshooting steps posted on this thread?

If you already did and issue still persist please contact our customer support team via phone or chat.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Jay